Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/3/2017 2:59:32 PM(EST)
Lcole

United States

This is my first time ordering labels and I'm trying to figure out if clear versus matte lip balm labels would look better on a clear tube.
Thanks!
Lcole
#2 Posted : 1/3/2017 10:17:18 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Lcole - Here is an article that highlights some of the differences between the clear matte and crystal clear labels.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/articles/choosing-the-right-clear-label.htm

It may best for you to try the labels to see what you think will work best on your tubes. We would be happy to send you samples of each type at no charge for testing if you would like to fill out our sample request at the link below.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/General/SamplesSelectItems.aspx

Let me know if you need any additional information or help.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

1 user thanked dcarmany for this useful post: William Brandt Technology
#3 Posted : 3/3/2017 5:59:53 PM(EST)
kim.e.lovo@gmail.com

United States

I continue to have difficulty getting my laser ink to remain adhered to the clear gloss lip balm tube label, actually any clear label. Any help would be appreciated.
#4 Posted : 3/3/2017 6:24:01 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kim.e.lovo@gmail.com Go to Quoted Post
I continue to have difficulty getting my laser ink to remain adhered to the clear gloss lip balm tube label, actually any clear label. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing. Can you provide some additional details on your printer? Have you tried changing the media type to "Labels" when printing?

Let me know if you have tried that setting. Lip balm gets handled a lot so it is critical you get good fusion of your toner to the material. Even with good fusion I have seen toner wear off the label due to excessive handling.

I am happy to continue troubleshooting once I get some additional feedback from you.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#5 Posted : 3/10/2017 1:24:07 PM(EST)
alhenley

If you want to be able to see through the label completely in the parts without ink, go for the glossy clear. I personally like the matte because I'm not too into the shine of the glossy.
#6 Posted : 3/20/2017 8:54:36 PM(EST)
vs1graphic

United States

Thanks for the great information on the differences of the clear glossy labels and matte labels.
#7 Posted : 6/19/2017 10:43:43 PM(EST)
sofray

United States

This post was helpful as I am considering purchasing clear gloss labels on white smooth gloss lids.
#8 Posted : 9/19/2017 7:36:04 PM(EST)
BrittanDoxey

United States

On my clear labels the text looks gray. Why is that?
#9 Posted : 9/20/2017 10:10:25 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BrittanDoxey Go to Quoted Post
On my clear labels the text looks gray. Why is that?

I was able to locate your account and noticed that you had previously purchased white weatherproof polyester material for laser printers, but that your most recent order was for the clear gloss inkjet material. Are you printing on the clear material with an inkjet printer or a laser printer? What is the printer model that you're using?

I'll be happy to make some suggestions regarding steps you can take that will potentially provide darker text, but I'll need more information about the printer model you're using first.
#10 Posted : 11/14/2017 1:20:16 PM(EST)
Beegirls

United States

If I'm putting a clear label on a clear plastic lid and will be printing bright colors, should I use glossy or matte finish?
#11 Posted : 11/14/2017 2:49:27 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Beegirls -

It will really come down to personal preference. You may be able to achieve slightly more vibrant colors by using clear matte labels. The clear matte labels are slightly frosted, which will potentially allow for more vibrancy when placed directly onto another clear surface.

If you have the time you should definitely try samples of both materials. You can request free samples by visiting the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/General/SamplesSelectItems.aspx

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.
 1 user thanked Josh for this useful post: Beegirls