Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 8/18/2017 4:34:31 PM(EST)
AshleyMoore

United States

Hello,
I'm trying to print lip balm labels. I pre designed my design in a program called Canva. It's a graphics design program. I tried to upload the design as a picture but the wording is completely blurry. Canva like Online Labels recommends PDF files for printing. I download as PDF but then I can't uplod the design to online labels label template because it only allows jpeg, etc. I tried all and they are blurry. PDF is the only way I can complete this without it being blurry...

Any suggestions???
#2 Posted : 8/19/2017 11:19:12 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
We are currently in the process of building functionality into Maestro Label Designer that will allow users to upload PDF files. We hope to launch that functionality in the next few weeks.

In the meantime, here is a workaround that may get you the resolution that you require to get a non-blurry image to print. Try magnifying the PDF image (hit the zoom button in your PDF viewer) you generated from Canva on screen and then do a screen shot of the blown up image. You can then appropriately crop that image / screenshot and save it to your computer as .jpeg, .gif, or .png. Once it is saved as .jpeg, .gif, or .png, you can upload it into Maestro Label Designer.

This may produce the results you need to get a good quality image.

Also in some cases, the image will look a little blurry on screen, but the PDF file generated from Maestro Label Designer will print fine. Maestro Label Designer will sometimes display a lower resolution image on screen than the uploaded image in order to speed up performance.

I am happy to provide more detailed instructions if you are not sure how to take a screen shot / crop an image on your computer. Just let me know.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#3 Posted : 8/24/2017 11:25:32 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I just received notification from our Maestro Label Designer development team that Maestro Label Designer is now able to accept PDF files as an upload type.

I hope this new feature is helpful.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com