Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
2 Pages«12
#21 Posted : 10/1/2023 10:46:44 PM(EST)
Artsplace

I have bought from you for years and always get weatherproof gloss. I have zero issues with printing on them with Epson inkjet printers. I just ordered pre-printed labels from you and picked white weatherproof. I had the label printed minus the date of manufacture so I can just send through and date when needed. The labels I received are HORRIBLE. They are white weatherproof matte and do not hold the ink. I have tried every setting and the ink smears right off. I have used hair dryer to dry. I have let them sit overnight on the floor without anything cover them. NOTHING works. I just spent $800 on labels and can't use them! What can I do?????? I want to buy pre printed white gloss weatherproof like the old days. These matte finish are horrible.
#22 Posted : 10/2/2023 8:52:31 AM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Artsplace - I'm sorry to hear about the smearing issue. It looks like you ordered custom printed sheets which are laser-compatible materials. If you're doing additional printing on our custom printed sheets, you'll want to ensure you're using a laser printer. The White Weatherproof is coated for high heat to fuse toner and is not intended to absorb liquid ink from an inkjet printer.

Can you let me know your printer make and model so I can further investigate this for you? If you don't have a laser printer, you may want to use a secondary label to include important information like manufacture dates, expiration dates, and lot information.

#23 Posted : 2/22/2024 4:13:27 PM(EST)
Bee Mindful

United States

Hello Folks,

I am having the very same problem with the black ink smearing on the waterproof labels. It doesn't matter what settings I use. I have tried all your suggestions and the black will not adhere. I will have to try another company I believe because you cannot solve my problem on these waterproof labels.
#24 Posted : 2/22/2024 5:08:15 PM(EST)
Jessica

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Bee Mindful - I'm sorry you're still experiencing smearing on the Weatherproof Gloss Inkjet (WI). I see from your correspondence with our Customer Support Team that you're using an HP OfficeJet Pro 8030 printer. The manual for this printer model suggests cleaning the print heads when dealing with print quality and smearing issues. I'd recommend following the steps in the manual and then test the following paper types with the quality set to Better (standard): Thick, Photo, and Glossy.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can assist you further.
2 Pages«12