Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 12/7/2015 3:52:38 PM(EST)
Faymus

Ive been buying mass quantities from Online Labels for quite some time now for different companies. I am the one who has to design the labels and test them via a printer. I have always used the PhotoSmart 7520 series printer (7525 I believe) and although it did me well, I am hoping there is another printer out there that wont cause as many issues as this one has. I am really looking to try a new printer out.

I always printed white glossy labels with the 7525 however I am now transitioning to: Product OL1115SI - Silver Foil Inkjet - 3" x 1" Labels

I am really hoping someone can give me some advice as to what printer will work best with these. I would really really appreciate any help in this regard as I am hoping to buy a printer as soon as some feedback comes in.
#2 Posted : 12/7/2015 11:30:46 PM(EST)
Faymus

Anyone? All help is appreciated!
#3 Posted : 12/8/2015 1:31:43 AM(EST)
Faymus

I decided a laser printer would probably be best since we will most likely only be printing black onto these foil labels and the majority would be text without color graphics. Crispness will be important here.
#4 Posted : 12/8/2015 7:25:04 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Faymus -

As far as laser printers go, I've had a ton of success with HP's LaserJet series over the years. I use the HP LaserJet Pro 200 frequently on a variety of different material types (including glossy and foils) and have always been very pleased with the print quality, durability, and color replication.

I hope you find this suggestion useful. If you should require any additional information please just let me know.
#5 Posted : 12/8/2015 12:56:15 PM(EST)
Faymus

Thanks Josh! I have been reading a lot of your posts around the forums about surveys you have given out. I was not sure how active the forums were so I decided to go ahead and buy one before I received a response from you and I ended up buying a HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw Printer yesterday via Amazon prime. Do you think this should do the trick?

The printer:
http://www.amazon.com/gp...p;ref_=sr_1_3&sr=8-3
#6 Posted : 12/9/2015 7:29:08 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Faymus -

I think you'll be very happy with the HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw. I haven't had the chance to use this exact printer model personally, but I've had a lot of success with other printers from the HP LaserJet series. The reviews I was able to find online and the feedback from our printer surveys were both very positive as well.

I'm very happy to hear you were able to find a new printer for your labels. If you should require any additional information please just let me know.
#7 Posted : 1/9/2016 5:20:26 AM(EST)
jaebilder

Hi Faymus,

Just throwing my two cents in here - my experience with HP laser printers is FAR better than my experience with epson or canon printers (of a similar model). I also think you made the right choice. They've had clear performance with less finicky results.
#8 Posted : 2/23/2016 12:39:06 PM(EST)
Larome

I am using a HP Color Laser Jet Pro M252dw bought at amazon for $226. It works very well with the Silver Foil Weatherproof labels. I've also used regular mailing labels and Fluorescent green without any problem. Toner cartridges are quit expensive at $80-90 each. However, this is the new model. The previous model is also available for a similar price and the toner cartriges are cheaper at $45-50 each. I'm posting the link down here.

New version:

http://www.amazon.com/gp...h_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

#9 Posted : 2/27/2019 6:19:32 PM(EST)
Mothertheresa

United States

Hi - since it is now 2019, I was wondering if you had any current recommendations for inkjet or laserjet printers. I am in the market and much of the forum information I have found is dated a few years ago. Also, I should add that print about 10,000 - 15,000 labels a month, mainly inkjet glossy white. I don't need any other features, just something that will chug along all day long without jamming or pages sticking together. :-)
#10 Posted : 2/28/2019 10:19:40 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: Mothertheresa Go to Quoted Post
Hi - since it is now 2019, I was wondering if you had any current recommendations for inkjet or laserjet printers. I am in the market and much of the forum information I have found is dated a few years ago. Also, I should add that print about 10,000 - 15,000 labels a month, mainly inkjet glossy white. I don't need any other features, just something that will chug along all day long without jamming or pages sticking together. :-)

Thanks for your question! Most of the older recommendations do still hold true. Some of those printer models are still in heavy rotation for me as day-to-day printers. All of our label materials are tested extensively with a wide variety of popular desktop printer models and tend to work well with just about all of them.

The inkjet printers that I find myself using the most recently are the Canon PIXMA TS9120 and the Brother MFC-J985DW. I've had excellent results using both printers with all of our inkjet compatible products, including the white gloss inkjet material.

The laser printers that I find myself using most frequently are still the HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw and the HP Color LaserJet Pro M452dn. I've been recommending these printer models for a couple of years now, but they're still working as great today as they were when I first received them. They have tested exceptionally well with all of our laser products to date. There are newer moders available in the Color LaserJet series, and I'm sure those would be excellent choices as well, but I haven't felt the need to upgrade from my two workhorse models at this point.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let me know.
#11 Posted : 2/28/2019 1:39:23 PM(EST)
Mothertheresa

United States

Thank you, Josh. I just purchased the newest Brother MFC J994DW Extended Print. It is the new one with the ink tanks inside and I ordered the XL size so no print job will be interrupted due to an empty cartridge. I will report back on the success I have with this printer. We really push our hard.

Regards,
Theresa
#12 Posted : 3/16/2019 12:04:17 PM(EST)
Valcine

United States

I am in a similar boat as a couple of other customers, judging by reading the posts, and you were able to help them, so I am thinking you can help me as well. I purchased two different Clear Gloss labels to use on my products, but despite allowing them to dry for well over 24 hours, they still smear when moisture touches the ink, which will not work as my products are bath and body items which will definitely be around moisture. I have adjusted the paper setting to photo/glossy paper, and the print quality is on standard (the only other option is High), but they still smear. I have a Canon printer that is over 12 years old, so I am willing and interested in purchasing a new printer. I read that the HP Laserjet and HP Office Jetpro printers work well to solve the problem. I would rather get an Office Jetpro that will allow me to enroll in the HP Instant Ink Program which will help me keep my prices low and maximize profit without passing the label cost onto my customers, but I am willing to buy a Laserjet if there are no options on the list that will allow me to make great labels that hold up under wet conditions. If you would be kind enough to help me choose a printer from the HP list of eligible printers, I would be so grateful! The list is located here (https://instantink.hpconnected.com/us/en/l/?jumpID=af_e86c3ah2sz). Just click the drop down menu for "Is my printer eligible?" However, if you don't see one that would definitely work for the Clear Gloss labels, I am willing to buy a laserjet, so a suggest for that would be accepted in lieu of the suggestion of an officejet by HP.

Thank you so much in advance!!!

Valcine
#13 Posted : 3/18/2019 10:25:54 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: Valcine Go to Quoted Post
I am in a similar boat as a couple of other customers, judging by reading the posts, and you were able to help them, so I am thinking you can help me as well. I purchased two different Clear Gloss labels to use on my products, but despite allowing them to dry for well over 24 hours, they still smear when moisture touches the ink, which will not work as my products are bath and body items which will definitely be around moisture. I have adjusted the paper setting to photo/glossy paper, and the print quality is on standard (the only other option is High), but they still smear. I have a Canon printer that is over 12 years old, so I am willing and interested in purchasing a new printer. I read that the HP Laserjet and HP Office Jetpro printers work well to solve the problem. I would rather get an Office Jetpro that will allow me to enroll in the HP Instant Ink Program which will help me keep my prices low and maximize profit without passing the label cost onto my customers, but I am willing to buy a Laserjet if there are no options on the list that will allow me to make great labels that hold up under wet conditions. If you would be kind enough to help me choose a printer from the HP list of eligible printers, I would be so grateful! The list is located here (https://instantink.hpconnected.com/us/en/l/?jumpID=af_e86c3ah2sz). Just click the drop down menu for "Is my printer eligible?" However, if you don't see one that would definitely work for the Clear Gloss labels, I am willing to buy a laserjet, so a suggest for that would be accepted in lieu of the suggestion of an officejet by HP.

Thank you so much in advance!!!

Valcine

Valcine,

I apologize for any confusion. Our clear gloss material for inkjet printing is not a weatherproof or moisture resistant product. Regardless of which inkjet printer or settings you use, direct contact with moisture will cause the ink to smear.

You can view a list of all of our weatherproof material types at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.../weatherproof-labels.htm

As you can see, our weatherproof materials for inkjet printing are only available in white matte and white gloss finishes.

Our clear gloss material for laser printers is considered to be weatherproof and would be an excellent choice for your specific application. As you may have seen in some of the other forum threads, I'm particularly fond of the HP Color LaserJet series of printers. The clear gloss laser material has been tested extensively in both the HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw and the HP Color LaserJet Pro M452dn. I've been using both of these printer models for years now and they're still my go-to choices for everyday laser printing.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let me know.
#14 Posted : 3/20/2019 10:17:09 PM(EST)
Valcine

United States

Thank you so much for your response. After I made my initial post, I clicked around some more on your website and called your Customer Service Department, which I was thrilled to find out was open on a Saturday. They were able to clear up my confusion about the product I purchased and offered me a couple of suggestions on products that would meet my labeling needs. I was also extremely pleased to learn that I had not wasted my money because of your No Hassle Refund policy. I went back online and requested a sample of your WI Glossy labels. They arrived today; I tested them; and I am SUPER impressed! The quality is amazing, they held up under exposure to water, and they will really elevate my product labeling!!! I will definitely be placing my order for the WI labels.

Thank you again for your response, clarification, and assistance. I am very pleased that I found your company!!!

Valcine
#15 Posted : 3/29/2019 9:32:39 AM(EST)
ilijasekulov

Australia

Hi there, also I have some questions about which printer to use for label sheets I bought from this site: https://lgbusinesssystems.com.au/products/labels-on-sheets . I have some old inkjet printer and it can't print, I am doing something wrong or I need to buy new printer? I had my eyes on Canon Pixma series, what would you recommend? Thanks in advance
#16 Posted : 3/29/2019 1:57:22 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

ilijasekulov -

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, I can't speak to the quality or the performance of the label products at the link you provided as I haven't had the opportunity to perform any testing when using them myself.

I can say with confidence that all of our our inkjet label materials have been tested extensively and successfully using a wide range of printer models from a variety of different manufacturers, including the Canon PIXMA series of printers.

You can view a list of our available inkjet label materials at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/inkjet-labels.htm

If you're interested in trying samples of any of our label materials before placing an order, you can do so by visiting our sample request page:

https://www.onlinelabels.../SamplesSelectItems.aspx