Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/20/2020 11:32:00 AM(EST)
Ayaba

Canada

Hello

I have a full sheet label (OL179) that i want to design in a landscape format. I can't see how to in Maestro. I searched and saw a message from 2015 with this answer "1) The label orientation can be changed between Portrait and Landscape by using the Label View option under the Document Properties tab within Maestro Label Designer. The Document Properties tab is located to the left of the design area." but i don't see document properties. Does it still exist in Maestro?

with thanks
#2 Posted : 1/21/2020 8:00:51 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Ayaba -

I apologize for any confusion. There have been numerous changes and updates made to Maestro Label Designer over the years, so the instructions you managed to locate from 2015 are no longer accurate. To change the label orientation within the software click on the View tab above the design area and then select the option called "Rotate Label View".

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.
 1 user thanked Josh for this useful post: Ayaba
#3 Posted : 5/29/2022 12:19:43 PM(EST)
Sapin

Canada

Is there any way to have it rotated the opposite way? My label is turning clockwise, and it would be 10000x easier to edit it if it was rotated clockwise. The fact that it isn't already an option (that I can easily see) is kind of weird.
#4 Posted : 5/30/2022 6:56:52 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sapin Go to Quoted Post
Is there any way to have it rotated the opposite way? My label is turning clockwise, and it would be 10000x easier to edit it if it was rotated clockwise. The fact that it isn't already an option (that I can easily see) is kind of weird.

The rotate label view only allows you to work in portrait or landscape. That being said, you do have the option to rotate all your images and text on the label any direction/amount so you should be able to easily rotate the text and images on your design to the orientation that is easiest for you. Once you have selected a label view (portrait or landscape), you can just rotate all the text / images 180 degrees as that would accomplish what you are trying to do. To do that, just select all your text and images and click on the rotate tool in the Maestro Label Designer tool bar directly above the design canvas. When you print the label design to your printer, the screen orientation shouldn't matter.

I hope that resolves your issue. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com