Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 9/29/2020 4:54:46 PM(EST)
rpremo

United States

I'm having a really hard time cutting stickers with my cricut maker. Does anyone else use a maker and know what settings to use? Everything I try cuts all the way through instead of kiss-cutting. I even made my own cut settings with the lightest pressure available (70) and used the "less" pressure setting upon cutting, and it still cut all the way through. Anyone have any ideas of how to cut this sticker paper on a maker? I have the 8.5x11 in the standard white matte.
#2 Posted : 9/30/2020 11:16:27 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had using the Cricut Maker with our standard white matte sticker paper. The Cricut Maker is marketed as Cricut's most flexible machine, often being used for specialty materials like chipboard, basswood, leather, and other fabrics in addition to basic sticker paper materials. As a result, there is a large assortment of blades available that vary pretty significantly in functionality as it relates to cutting different material types.

We haven't had an opportunity to test the Cricut Maker specifically, but we do have extensive experience with Cricut's other machines. Which blade are you currently using? If you're using a blade meant for thicker, heavier materials or fabrics such as the knife blade or the rotary blade that could be the reason that you're seeing such deep cuts on the standard white matte sticker paper. With other Cricut machines we've found that the best blade for use with this material is the fine-point blade or premium fine-point blade.

If you've already tried the fine-point blade and are still experiencing full cut-throughs even when reducing the pressure setting then it may be a compatibility issue between this specific machine and the standard white matte sticker paper. If this is the case we'd be happy to send you samples of some of our other sticker paper materials to see if you have more success using a different material. Just let us know. We'll be happy to assist however we can.
 1 user thanked Josh for this useful post: fredeharley4
#3 Posted : 9/30/2020 2:45:49 PM(EST)
rpremo

United States

Thank you!

I have used the fine point blade and that is what i'm having the issue with. I am currently purchasing an explore air 2 to see if I can make it work with that.

Thanks again for your response. I will let you know if i can get it to work with the explore air 2.
#4 Posted : 9/30/2020 3:49:59 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

I think you should have success with the Explore Air 2. We've definitely had positive reports from customers using that model. We've done extensive testing with the original Cricut Explore Air model and have specific settings listed for each of our material types at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/articles/cricut-explore-sticker-paper-cut-settings

Please let us know how the new machine works out. We'll be happy to assist however we can.
#5 Posted : 10/4/2020 8:02:04 AM(EST)
rpremo

United States

I just got my explore air 2 and it works great!
#6 Posted : 10/5/2020 8:06:46 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

That's great news! Thanks for getting back to us. Please just let us know if you have any questions in the future. We'll be happy to assist however we can.