Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 3/14/2018 4:47:56 AM(EST)
MichelleS

Trinidad And Tobago

I’m in the market for 2 new all in one printers since my last 2 died. I’m looking to get a colored laser letter/ Legal size and an 11*17 or bigger inkjet.

I’ll be using lables for food, liqueurs, soap and body butters lables.

Must be a brother or HP printers. As where I live those are the ones I can get serviced.

I’m thinking probably best to use a laser for the lables and I’ve been looking at the polyester ones but I see people have been having trouble with them.

Want to keep the laser under $600. I was looking at the brother mfc l8900cdw

And the inkjet under $300. I had an epson wf7520 which i loved but couldn’t get serviced here.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
#2 Posted : 3/14/2018 9:59:01 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Thanks for your inquiry. I'll be happy to provide any assistance that I can.

I've used a variety of both Brother and HP laser printers extensively when testing our label products, and I've definitely had more success using the HP laser printers. The HP Color LaserJet series of printers has historically performed very well with our label materials. I'm currently using the HP Color LaserJet Pro M452dn and the HP Color LaserJet Pro M252dw as my primary laser printers. I use the weatherproof polyester material with both printers frequently and have always been very pleased with the results.

Regarding a large format inkjet printer that is capable of printing up to 11" x 17", the HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 appears to have very positive reviews online and should fit within your budget as well. I haven't had a chance to use this printer model specifically, but I've used other HP OfficeJet printers and have always been pleased with their print quality when using our label materials.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let me know.
#3 Posted : 3/14/2018 1:04:53 PM(EST)
MichelleS

Trinidad And Tobago

Thank you. I had a chat with hp today and the MFP M477 seems to fit my needs. Has anyone commented about using the hp all in ones with the weatherproof lables?

Also looked at the running cost of the HP OfficeJet 7740 and I’m thinking about the brother MFC-J6935DW.
#4 Posted : 3/14/2018 1:29:21 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I haven't had the opportunity to use the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M477 specifically, but I've had a lot of success using the weatherproof polyester material with the HP LaserJet series in general. I think you'll be very pleased with any LaserJet model you choose.

The reviews on the Brother MFC-J6935 look very favorable. I haven't used this printer model, but based on the information I've found online it looks to be an excellent choice as well.

If you need any additional information please just let us know. We'll be happy to assist however we can.