Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 2/7/2014 10:33:25 AM(EST)
allegrafairfax

United States

I downloaded a template and on my laser the art lined up, once sent to our large Konica printer however the art was off by about 1/4 of an inch, I was wondering why that happened and how to avoid it? Thanks!

Affx
#2 Posted : 2/8/2014 9:07:30 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I would need to get a few more details to accurately assess the situation.

Which of our products are you using?
In what way is it off? Is it too high or too low?
How is the left and right alignment?
Which of our templates are you using?

Generally speaking, it is normal to see some slight variance in printer feed depending on the printer used. This variance is normally 0.03125" (1/32nd) to 0.0625" ( 1/16th). 0.25" (1/4") seems very high to me. Without knowing any additional details, my best guess would be that there is some type of slippage that is happening when the label sheet is feeding into/through the printer. When you print the same design onto plain paper is the print in the exact same location as when you print onto the label sheets (put the printed plain paper in front of the printed label sheet and hold up to a light to compare the two)?

If it is truly slipping, you may want to try selecting a different material type (labels, transparency) in the printer settings. On some printer models changing this setting will change the speed at which the printer feeds the material which may resolve the issue.

If you don't want to trouble shoot the printer feed, I would say that the quickest fix would be to make an adjustment to the template by the amount that it is off (0.25"). In most cases, it is very simple to make this adjustment.
#3 Posted : 2/25/2014 1:18:26 PM(EST)
AnnaS

United States

Hello, I was having trouble with alignment and called in to customer serivce with Maestro my problem was not using Internet Explorer. Once I started using Internet Explorer all printing/aligning issues resolved for me. Good Luck!
#4 Posted : 2/25/2014 2:26:20 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue. If switching to Internet Explorer solved the issue that indicates that your PDF viewer was not likely Adobe Reader. Maestro Label Designer runs in Flash so the browser used should not make a difference in terms of printing results. What does make a difference is the PDF Viewer used. Internet Explorer tends to default to Adobe Reader whereas Chrome, Safari, and Firefox have built-in PDF viewers. It is important that you use Adobe Reader to print the file in order to maintain the accurate size. The built-in PDF viewers in Chrome, Safari, and Firefox tend to reduce the size of everything on the page (to fit on page). For future reference, you can normally change the default PDF Viewer for any browser in the browser settings.

Let us know if you need any additional help.