Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 4/4/2014 1:40:48 PM(EST)
Nick

I am currently using the round labels on a project to label buttons, because the buttons are being pressed allot the ink seems to be coming off the labels. I am using the Laser print labels and have tried changing the settings as recommended to different paper types and i have not gotten the ink to stay on more than a few days of being touched. I was wondering what solution i could use to help prevent this from happening, i was thinking about a clear coat of some sort over the top. What would you recommend i try to help seal in the ink from the oils from peoples fingers pressing the buttons.
#2 Posted : 4/5/2014 6:47:32 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Even if you get the toner to fuse really well to the label material, it won't necessarily stop toner from wearing off the label if it gets a lot handling / touching.

I would recommend that you laminate over the top of your printed label with one of our clear labels . That will add a protective layer and should resolve the issue. Our clear gloss laser labels (product code ending with the 2 letters CL should work for this purpose).

Here is a link to all our clear gloss labels. You should be able to find a circle in the same size as your other labels at the link below.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/material_crystal_clear_laser_labels.htm

I am happy to send you samples for testing. You can fill out our sample request form at https://www.onlinelabels.com/General/SamplesSelectItems.aspx.