Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 4/11/2014 2:45:30 PM(EST)
jackiej4

United States

Hello! I have been using the weatherproof laser labels for wine bottles...OL713LP My most popular label has a chalkboard look to it with white lettering. I have had a few comments from customers that they scratch easily.

I print on an HP Color Laser (HP LaserJet Pro 200).

Any suggestions on what I can do to prevent this, if anything? Should I coat them with something?

Any help would be appreciated!

Jackie
#2 Posted : 4/13/2014 1:46:11 PM(EST)
RJBenfield

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi Jackie!

I just did a review of the weatherproof labels in the 'Winemaking' section on this Forum. I couldn't get them to scratch or smudge at all.

The HP 200 Series printer driver has a label setting. Are you using this setting?
#3 Posted : 4/13/2014 8:59:52 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Jackie - RJ is correct. This issue normally is caused by the toner not properly fusing to the sheet. You can change your printer media type settings and it will normally resolve the issue.

Here is a video on our site that discusses this specific issue that you are experiencing.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/Videos/quick-fix-for-toner-fusing-issues.htm

I would try the labels or glossy setting and see how that performs. Let us know if we can help in any way.
#4 Posted : 4/18/2014 3:41:35 AM(EST)
beeprinting

Of course you have change your print media type setting.

Edited by user Friday, April 18, 2014 8:14:21 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not a valid or relevant link