Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 5/22/2014 2:16:19 PM(EST)
jbnepo

United States

I'm making wrap around address labels and wondering if I should be using Maestro label designer, Adobe or Word. It will have a graphic background. Anyone have any experience they can share?
#2 Posted : 5/23/2014 5:54:47 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Without knowing any specific details about your design, it is hard to say what program would be best for designing / printing your labels. The advantage to Maestro Label Designer is that it makes formatting easy since all our templates are pre-configured and already set up in the software.

I would definitely recommend Maestro Label Designer over Microsoft Word. It can be very challenging to format labels in Microsoft Word.

The trial version of Maestro Label Designer is fully functional so there is no cost to check it out to see if it will fit your needs. The only the difference between trial mode and activated mode is the watermark that prints at the top of the page when you print out the labels. If you have purchased labels from us then you would have received an activation code that you can enter and the watermark will be removed. I recommend that you give Maestro Label Designer a try and see if it can accomplish your needs.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/maestro-label-design-software.htm

I am not sure what Adobe software you are using so I can't really comment on that. Adobe Illustrator is a powerful design tool. It is not the greatest tool for formatting labels, but it is a powerful design tool. Generally speaking, I would use Adobe Illustrator to create graphics / images and then I would lay out those images in Maestro Label Designer (upload images to Maestro Label Designer).

I hope this information is helpful. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Edited by user Friday, May 23, 2014 5:55:43 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : 6/1/2014 1:14:14 AM(EST)
bunniesnbuggies

United States

Based on what you mentioned in your post, I would use Maestro. However, if you have Publisher, that would be an excellent option as well (and is what I personally use, with the exception of printing round labels).
#4 Posted : 6/12/2014 12:26:04 PM(EST)
AnnaS

United States

For sake of ease/printing/formatting etc.. use the Maestro Label Designer. Especially if you are buying the labels, it works seamlessly with the label choices and there is technical/customer service too if needed!