Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 7/2/2014 8:42:10 PM(EST)
raine137

United States

I downloaded the word template for the OL1100 labels, and it's printing a border on my labels that I can't figure out how to get rid of. Rather than using a table, the template seems to be using text or image boxes, which seems to be making things overly complicated -- sometimes I need to click in a label and fix a typo, and I can't get the text to be editible, it puts a cursor over the top of the text that's already there and creates a space for new text.

Ugh, I just need a template that works, with no borders/lines printing all over. Any help?
Amy
#2 Posted : 7/3/2014 8:27:47 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I am not sure why the border is printing on our OL1100 template that you downloaded. It is typically set to a non-printing status. The issue could be related to the version of Microsoft Word that you are using. I could probably trouble shoot the issue and figure out why it isn't working, but I figured it was easier to just provide a new template for you. I have gone ahead and created a template for the OL1100 without borders and attached it to this post.

For future reference, here is an article on the Microsoft Office website on how to remove borders.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/remove-borders-from-a-table-HA102840133.aspx

You may want to consider using our Maestro Label Designer software. For labels, it is much easier to use than Microsoft Word and you would have received an activation code for the software when you placed your order with us. I have found that most customers can accomplish their task in Maestro Label Designer significantly faster (and with a lot less headaches) than using Microsoft Word.

Maestro Label Designer is a web-based application so there is nothing to download. You can check it out at http://www.onlinelabels.com/maestro.

Let us know if you need any additional help.

Dave
File Attachment(s):
OL1100_template_no_borders.doc (46kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.