Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 7/9/2014 10:49:52 PM(EST)
Mahaila

United States

Hi, all! Glad to see a forum where the company really pays attention and answers customers' questions! =)

I've been using the OL713WI - weatherproof Inkjet Glossy label and I am very happy with it. The image quality is great, colors are bright and they are easy to apply due to the diagonal cuts on the back (and I can cut the label the size I need)

My only complaint is about using BLACK ink in a big area of my label... while using black was never an issue if i use in letters or small details, I had my hand completely black after one week of printing when I was placing the labels, and they were already with lots of scratches.

My printer is an Epson Stylus Photo R2880 - never had problem printing photos in regular photo papers.

Any ideia what can be causing this? My printer has the possibility of using 2 types of black cartridges - Photo Black or Matte Black, I am using Matte black.

Thank you!!
#2 Posted : 7/10/2014 1:24:41 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Do you notice that it smudges / smears when it contacts water or does it smear with just the touch of a finger?

In some cases, the ink not encapsulating into the top coating is caused due to over-saturation of the top coating (more ink being put on the label than the top coating of the label sheet can absorb).

Have you tried making any adjustments to your printer settings? Changing the material type to a photo or glossy setting may make an impact. If that doesn't work, I recommend that you try reducing the ink setting to see if less ink going down on the label material improves the performance. Can you try changing your print setting options from "normal to fast draft." Also, try reducing the DPI (lower dots per inch) to see if that helps with the problem.

Let me know if changing the print settings improves the performance.

Thanks.

Dave