Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 7/12/2014 5:20:42 PM(EST)
CASCreations

United States

Today I was trying to print labels using the OL9830WJ. When I print on regular printer paper and hold it up to the label sheet, it prints perfectly. Then I put the label sheet in and it prints totally off!! I have wasted 3 sheets now trying everything I can to get it to print correctly and I am VERY FRUSTRATED!!
#2 Posted : 7/12/2014 5:42:21 PM(EST)
CASCreations

United States

I have now wasted 7 sheets of labels. I've printed thru Explorer and Google Chrome. I've saved as a PDF and printed straight from your site. I put a sheet in and it didn't advance all the way before it started printing so I turned the sheet over, cut that amount off the top and then it advanced the right way and still printed wrong. I'm wasting money here and I'm very upset. I'm afraid to try anything else and waste more label sheets! Ugh
#3 Posted : 7/13/2014 1:45:37 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you are experiencing. Based on the feedback that you have provided, I believe it may be an issue with your print rollers slipping when attempting to feed the sheet.

I checked your account and I see that you purchased this product earlier this year. Is this a new problem that you recently started experiencing with your printer and this material or is this the first time that you are using this product in your printer? What is the model number of the printer that you are using? I am trying to establish whether it is some type of incompatibility with your printer or if your rollers just need to be cleaned.

I did some quick searches and found this video below has some instructions on how to clean the feed rollers. This may be helpful if we can establish it is an issue with your print rollers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzcmCCN6x-0

One other option is to try using your printer's thick paper option. In some cases, adjusting these settings can have an impact on your printer's ability to feed materials. Here is an article I found that has some additional details on these paper settings.

http://www.redrivercatalog.com/infocenter/tips/inkjet-printer-paper-thickness-platen-gap-adjustment.html

Once we establish what is causing the problem, I will be happy to send out some replacement/sample sheets to you to make up the sheets you have lost while working with your printer.

Thanks.

Dave

#4 Posted : 7/14/2014 9:52:23 AM(EST)
KT

United States

I have the same frustrations with label alignment. I have wasted so many labels!!!!!! I tried using different browers but with no luck. I also tried printing them at staples from my thumb drive and that still did not work.....grrrrh. I have no idea what else to do!!! WIll someone please help!!!!!!
#5 Posted : 7/14/2014 10:37:35 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

KT - There are a lot of different variables that can impact the alignment of the printing on the labels. Without knowing the specific issues that you are experiencing it is hard to pinpoint what is causing the issue for you.

In regards to CASCreations' post above, it is likely a printer roller issue. In order to offer advice on the specific issue you are experiencing, I would need to know exactly what is happening when the labels are not aligning.

Our customer service team is trained to troubleshoot and resolve alignment issues. I am happy to have one of our representatives contact you. Let me know and I can have one of our representatives contact you by phone or you can call us at 1-888-575-2235.

Thanks.

Dave
#6 Posted : 8/7/2014 10:13:46 AM(EST)
SJS17

United States

I've had the same trouble with the brown kraft labels, and have wasted a lot of label sheets, as well. The weird thing is that the alignment problem isn't consistent... a few sheets will be misaligned, and then another will print correctly. I don't think it's my printer, because I've tried printing on other label sheets (Avery), and they feed and print properly. Very frustrating.
#7 Posted : 8/7/2014 1:33:22 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

SJS17 - How much variance are you seeing sheet-to-sheet? It is common for a very slight variance (less than 0.03125" or 1/32") when material feeds through a printer.

If you are seeing more than 1/32" variation sheet-to-sheet then it could be an issue caused by a variance in the die cuts on the sheet or your rollers are slipping when the sheet is feeding through the printer.

We need to establish what could be causing the issue.

If you measure the margins on the sheet - do you notice that the margins are varying sheet-to-sheet or all they exactly the same on each sheet?

It also may be good to clean your rollers on your printer. Here are some instructions on how to clean the feed rollers on your printer. This may be helpful if we can establish it is an issue with your print rollers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzcmCCN6x-0

One other option is to try using your printer's thick paper option. In some cases, adjusting these settings can have an impact on your printer's ability to feed materials. Here is an article I found that has some additional details on these paper settings.

http://www.redrivercatalog.com/infocenter/tips/inkjet-printer-paper-thickness-platen-gap-adjustment.html

Thanks. Let me know and we can continue to troubleshoot.

Dave

#8 Posted : 8/7/2014 4:05:07 PM(EST)
SJS17

United States

The variation is much greater than 1/32", and consistent on the sheets that are coming misaligned.

I gave up... ordered a stamp to use with the labels, instead of trying to print them.
#9 Posted : 8/7/2014 4:36:29 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

If it is off consistently (off the same way every time) then I am confident that we can resolve the issue. If it is off a different way each time then it is likely one of the scenarios I listed in my last response.

We are happy to work with you on a resolution if you decide that you want to print onto the labels rather than do a stamp.

Let me know and I can have one of our support representatives contact you.

Thanks.

Dave
#10 Posted : 8/8/2014 10:21:34 AM(EST)
queenfarina

I had a similar problem, but when I clicked on "print actual size" it aligned them perfectly! Good luck to you!