Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 9/24/2014 10:58:27 AM(EST)
Solee

United States

I have an odd issue when I'm printing my labels, and I hope you can help me out. I'm not sure if it is a hardware issue, or maestro issue. Our logo has a custom color that we use for the text. When I print my first label of the day, the color is way off. Each subsequent print is the proper color. What does it print the wrong color on the first print, but the correct color after that? Additionally, if I am printing on non-glossy labels the color is the same color as the initial printing of the day no matter how many labels I print; however, the color is correct on glossy labels. Luckily I print mainly on glossy labels.

Any insight to this problem?

Thanks so much for your time in advance.

Bill
#2 Posted : 9/24/2014 4:36:30 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm very sorry to hear about the issue that you have experienced. This is the first time I've heard of your specific problem, but I'll be happy to take a deeper look into it for you. What printer model are you using to print your labels?
#3 Posted : 9/24/2014 8:48:19 PM(EST)
Solee

United States

Thank you, Josh. I use a Lexmark Prospect Pro 205. Let me know if you need anymore info.

Best regards
Bill
#4 Posted : 9/25/2014 2:43:05 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Do you print multiple pages at the same time? When you mention the first print of the day, are you saying the first printed page in a batch of prints (multiple copies of the same sheet)?

Does it only impact the color on the text or do you notice it impacting other colors on the label too?

I don't think this is in anyway related to Maestro Label Designer. Seeing as the issue only seems to impact the first print, I think this issue could be related to the fuser unit on the printer heating up. I would try changing the media type in the printer settings (try some different paper types - clear, glossy, thick paper). Changing the media type will change the speed at which the paper feeds through the printer often causing different results.

The reason why the gloss material would perform different from the white matte material is because the heat from the fusing unit dissipates differently through different paper types.

Please give that a try and let us know if you get different results.

Dave
#5 Posted : 9/25/2014 10:07:45 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Dave's suggestion is a great one - it's definitely the first thing I would try before looking into other possible solutions. In a lot of cases, adjusting the material type setting will resolve common printing issues.

I did a little digging on your specific printer model, and I found a help page on Lexmark's site that deals with troubleshooting tips for odd or inconsistent printing results. These tips cover a number of possible solutions, including firmware updates and printhead maintenance. I'd still try adjusting the material type settings first, but if you're having issues after making those adjustments you may want to try some of Lexmark's suggestions. The link to their site is provided below:

http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=content&productCode=LEXMARK_S815&locale=EN&segment=SUPPORT&userlocale=EN_US&id=SO6750

I hope this helps! Just let us know if you need any additional information.

Edited by user Thursday, September 25, 2014 10:42:37 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified