Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 10/22/2014 2:34:42 PM(EST)
zerocool

I have created a label via the pdf template as well as via maestro. The problem is the non printable margin. The template does not account for the non printable margin on the top, bottom, and sides. So when a label is designed through your template, all the ones that are on the edges of the paper, which is 12 out of 15, will have the non printable margin as part of those 12 labels, which makes them non usable. So that means that 12 labels will have a white margin with no images or copy on it as part of the label. I called your customer support, and she told me I have to find a printer that doesn't have a non printable margin. I have now talked to several printing businesses in town and they all said that all printers have a non printable margin. If that's the case, then that template is useless, or what am I missing?

Thanks
#2 Posted : 10/23/2014 10:53:12 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I apologize for the confusion and I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can. The printing businesses that you spoke with are correct to some degree - I am not aware of a laser printer model that is capable of true borderless printing. Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the laser printing technology in general. When printing with a laser printer, configurations that do not incorporate a margin will not be able to print a border or background color that goes all the way to the edge of each label. These configurations and templates will still work very well for label designs that do not include borders or background colors.

If you are willing to consider moving to an inkjet printer there are some options available that should work for your application. I just ran some test sheets of OL750 using an HP OfficeJet Pro 8600. I created a test template that included a full background color, set the printer to borderless printing within the options, and when the sheets printed the color reached the edge of the page on all four sides. Other inkjet printers may have similar functionality, but this is the only one that I have on hand that I was able to test and confirm.

If you prefer to continue using your laser printer, you may want to consider moving to a similarly sized configuration that incorporates a margin around the perimeter of the sheet. Our closest standard product can be viewed at the link below:

http://www.onlinelabels.com/OL996LP.htm

This page layout is similar in size but features less labels per page. The margin would ensure that you'd be able to print to the edge on each label though.

If you'd like to return the OL750LP that you ordered recently we would be happy to assist you with that. A new order could then be placed for the weatherproof matte inkjet material or a different label configuration in the weatherproof polyester laser. You can initiate a product return by visiting the link below, or by contacting our customer service department directly at 1-888-575-2235.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/return.htm

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you require any additional information.

#3 Posted : 10/23/2014 11:26:01 PM(EST)
zerocool

Thank You. The size you recommended should fit. I have completed the return process and will order the new labels