Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 11/11/2014 10:35:44 PM(EST)
Marty

United States

I just received some samples of labels I was hoping to use for tagging jewelry ("dumbbell" shaped OL6925, OL3034, OL3036). My problem is the "connector" part of the label between the two parts intended to be printed is adhesive backed, same as the printed ends. This is the part that would wrap around the jewelry piece and the adhesive sticks to the jewelry. Anyone have any ideas to overcome this problem?
#2 Posted : 11/12/2014 10:40:50 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Unfortunately, that is an inherent issue with the adhesive / sticky back jewelry tags that we sell. In most cases, you will find that only a small amount of the adhesive touches the actual jewelry itself especially if you are using the jewelry tags on a ring or necklace.

You can see some images of our jewelry tags in action at the link below.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/jewelry-labels.htm

There are many companies that choose to go with a card stock tag with a string. They will then affix a label onto the card stock tag. I have also seen some plastic jewelry tags that exist in the market place. They look similar to our barbell style labels, but they are plastic and snap into place. These also require the prices to be handwritten or a label affixed onto tag. This is obviously a more expensive and time consuming process, but may be good for certain types of jewelry. My suggestion is that you evaluate all your options and see what you think is going to be best for the type of jewelry that you are selling.

We are happy to send you some samples of our product for testing if you would like to fill out our sample request form at the link below.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/General/SamplesSelectItems.aspx

Let us know if you have any questions.

Dave C.