Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 11/13/2014 4:07:59 PM(EST)
truffle

United States

I have been using Maestro Label Designer and your labels for some time now. Have been very happy.

Maybe others have had this problem..... there seems to be from time to time, when working on my labels, I will add new text, or change something on the label. I hit save. I double make sure that I hit save. Then, I go back maybe later on in the day or next day....the labels are gone! All my hours of work are gone in a second. I have had to re-do, meaning re-design, sheets of labels several times.

I make sure that I hit "save" every single time. I am using Internet Explorer as my browser. Sometimes I will use Mozilla/Firefox. Computer is up to date and so is my software. Antivirus and every other thing is up to speed. I have a medium-fast internet connection. Maybe a slow connection might help?

I have noticed with the software, that when one is working on a label(s), there is an "asterisk" that comes up, in the toolbar, next to my label name. Once I hit save, the aterisk goes away. I assume the label is saved now.

Can someone give me advice or some suggestions to avoid having this happen. Thanks.
#2 Posted : 11/14/2014 5:43:52 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Truffle - This is the first time that I have heard of this issue of designs disappearing from Maestro Label Designer. I am not aware of any bugs that would cause this to happen. I will need you to clarify a few things so I can have our technical team further research the issue that you are experiencing. Is the whole design disappearing or just the last set of changes? Can you please give me a name of a file that disappeared (or didn't save properly) on your account, and I will have our technical team review the log file / history related to file. We will also need your username / email that you use to login. You can submit this information to us using our support ticket system at the link below. Please reference this conversation when submitting the ticket.

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/Support/SupportRequest.aspx

The only time that I have heard of similar feedback is when a user has 2 different logins to Maestro Label Designer and can't find the designs because he / she has logged in using a different log in / email than the account used to originally make the designs. Can you confirm that you didn't log in using a different email address / account to make the designs? I have even seen situations where the customer has 2 accounts and doesn't realize it (rare situation, but it has occurred when a user makes a typo in his / her email address when setting up the account).

The asterisk next to the name of the file in the top left corner means that the design has changed since it was last saved, but the most recent changes have not yet been saved. As soon as you hit the Save button, the asterisk will go away.

We are happy to continue troubleshooting the issue. If there is an issue, we definitely want to find the problem and resolve it.

Thanks.

Dave C.