Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 11/25/2014 11:17:43 AM(EST)
ocean.wanderer

Thailand

I have only just received my first product from onlinelabels.com - to be exact, the OL250WI Labels (12 labels with the dimensions of each being 4 x 1.5 inches.)

I have already manually designed 900+ individual labels using the free Microsoft Word template that onlinelabels.com offers for free usage, and last night I did my first test print. The beginning of the labels on the left would either be cut off due to page margins, or they would begin roughly five millimetres to the right, and therefore causing the contents of the labels to run over onto the next, and so on and so forth.
To print these labels, I am using a Canon Pixma MP237 A4 InkJet printer, which, according to the specifications on their website, has a printing width of 8 inches, or 20.3 cm. The width of the label sheets is 8.5 inches.
Now, I know that this scenario may seem very straightforward and I do realise that I may very well be answering my own question, but is my primary issue the fact that the printer I am using can not print the desired width to fit the label sheets?
I am only posting this question on the forum due to the fact that, aside from these labels, I have no use for a printer with a larger width capacity, and therefore if that isn't the problem, I would much rather not spend money on a device that I shan't use more than once in a blue moon.

Any serious feedback would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
Ocean.wanderer
#2 Posted : 11/26/2014 7:41:07 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Based on what you are describing, I think you may be describing a situation where you are running into the non-printable margin area. The left and right margin on the OL250 is 0.1725" and it sounds like your printer can't print any closer than 0.25" to the left / right edge of the sheet. We have a tool that you can print at the link below to check the non-printable margins for your printer. You can use the tool at the link below to confirm the non-printable margin on your printer:

http://www.onlinelabels.com/printermargins.aspx

Are you able to change your artwork so the design doesn't run so close to the edge of the label? I can also recommend printers that can print closer to the edge of the sheet if you would like to know those options.

I am happy to have one of our team members evaluate your file to see if there are any issues that may be causing the problem besides the non-printable margin issue. You can submit your file to our customer service team at the link below.

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/Support/SupportRequest.aspx

We are happy to continue troubleshooting until we help find a resolution to the issue.

Thanks.

Dave C.