Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/21/2015 11:20:18 AM(EST)
mwood

United States

Hi,

I've purchased some True Type Fonts and installed on my PC. I'm able to use these fonts on other applications except Maestro Label Designer. Maestro does recognize the fonts since they're listed on the drop down font box but after I've typed the text in the text box and want to use the fonts the text became all messed up. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

#2 Posted : 1/21/2015 8:31:59 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Does this impact every new font you installed or just some of them? Is there a specific font that is causing the issue? What is messed up about the font?

Let me know more specifics and I will go to our development team to see if they can make some recommendations or provide clarification on the issue.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#3 Posted : 1/22/2015 8:56:11 AM(EST)
mwood

United States

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm running into problem with just a few True Type Fonts. Most of the ones I've installed work fine. Some of the problem ones are:
- RM Typerighter Medium: Text are are cut in half and each character is placed on top of each other.
- Salt & Spices Pro Bold and Salt & Spices Pro Regular: The phrase "Your text here" became a bunch of strange characters like "Wns p R cv r F cpc"

I have a print screen of the problem but I don't know how to attach to this message since it only takes URL links here.

Any help would be appreciated.
#4 Posted : 1/22/2015 5:12:02 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I forwarded your last message with the font type details to our programming department to see if they could provide any additional information on the problem that you've experienced. Our lead developer indicated that re-installing the font, or potentially attempting to install a different version of the font may be a workable solution. Specifically, he found and installed an alternate version of RM Typerighter Medium that worked properly on our system. You can access that font by visiting the link below:

http://www.1001fonts.com/rm-typerighter-medium-font.html

Regarding both Salt & Spices Pro fonts, he did mention that they were stylistically similar to other fonts that have had issues within Maestro Label Designer in the past. Most user installed fonts work well within the program, but we do periodically run into fonts that are incompatible with the software. Unfortunately, that may be the case with these two fonts.

One potential workaround would be creating the desired text within a different program, using screen shot functionality to create an image file with the properly formatted text, and then importing the image into Maestro Label Designer for use on your template. This would definitely create some additional legwork, but would potentially allow you to create labels while using incompatible fonts.

Please let me know if you require any additional information. I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can.
 1 user thanked Josh for this useful post: mwood
#5 Posted : 1/22/2015 5:19:51 PM(EST)
mwood

United States

Thank you very much for your work around ideas. It'd be nice if I don't have to create images of fonts in the future :) Hopefully your developers will find a fix for the problem soon.
#6 Posted : 1/23/2015 7:39:47 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: mwood Go to Quoted Post
Thank you very much for your work around ideas. It'd be nice if I don't have to create images of fonts in the future :) Hopefully your developers will find a fix for the problem soon.

I'm happy that I was able to assist. If any updates are made to the program that change the way user fonts are handled I'll be sure to update you in this thread. If there is anything else that I can help you with please just let me know!
#7 Posted : 1/23/2015 8:41:17 AM(EST)
mwood

United States

That would be great! Thanks again.
#8 Posted : 1/23/2015 9:23:33 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

One of our software developers just asked me to check with you on a couple of things. He wanted to know if you tried using the Typerighter font that I linked to in my previous post, and if it was working properly for you. It would also be helpful to know what operating system you are using, as well as the internet browser you are opening Maestro Label Designer with.

If you can respond with this information I'll be happy to pass it along to our programming team so they can continue researching. It may not result in an immediate solution, but could help them potentially discover the root of the problem.

#9 Posted : 1/23/2015 12:47:57 PM(EST)
mwood

United States

Hi,

You know I didn't think about using another web browser to see if it makes a difference. So I tried Firefox and it WORKED FINE!! I was using Chrome Version 39.0.2171.99 m. I have Windows 8.1. Chrome is giving me the font problems. Anyway, I tried the Typewriter font you suggested and it didn't work on Chrome.
#10 Posted : 1/23/2015 1:43:02 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

That's great news! I'm really happy to hear that you've had some success using a different browser. Are all three of the problem fonts working correctly within Firefox?
#11 Posted : 1/26/2015 11:20:00 AM(EST)
mwood

United States

Yes, I'm able to use all of the true type fonts in Firefox.
#12 Posted : 1/26/2015 1:17:02 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: mwood Go to Quoted Post
Yes, I'm able to use all of the true type fonts in Firefox.

I'll pass this information along to our programming department. Thank you for all of your feedback and information!
#13 Posted : 1/26/2015 6:04:48 PM(EST)
mwood

United States

You're welcome. I'll be happy to help with any testing you need to get done.