Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/8/2014 9:47:07 PM(EST)
Gail

United States

Is it possible to design a watermark to help define the back from the front of plain, full sheet white labels?
I love your labels and have purchased the OL713WX, which has helped me in many ways (easier to remove backing, etc).
But....for those of us approaching "over the hill" status and with poor eyesight, a mark on the back of the sheets would be most helpful!
Thanks!
#2 Posted : 1/10/2014 5:26:30 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Gail - Thanks for the recommendation and feedback. At this time, we aren't printing any watermarks or indicators on the back of our label sheets due to the fact that many of our customers buy our product and then resell it. For these customers that resell our product, It is very important that our label products don't have any unique markings on the back or front of the sheet.

That being said - we will definitely consider the feedback and think about ways that we can possibly make it easier for customers like yourself to distinguish the back of the sheet from the front.

Thanks.

Dave Carmany
#3 Posted : 2/4/2014 2:55:09 PM(EST)
Label Lady

United States

Hi Gail. It's not just your eyesight, it's all of us! Here's what helps me: I only print my labels during the day. Look at your sheet near a sunny window. This helps better than any lamp I tried. It's also the best way to see if your printed labels are centered properly within the circle (I print on the very small 0.75" circles). You'll need to tilt the sheet a bit at the window, to get the proper shade of lighting on it. Quality control after printing, is the longest process of my job. Standing at the window, and cutting out any that are even slightly off-centered, due to movement in the printer. I hope it helps you.
#4 Posted : 2/4/2015 12:04:23 PM(EST)
oakcourt

Perhaps there's a way to satisfy both sides.... :) I appreciate the fact that you don't print identifying information on the back, as we do purchase some items from companies like you to resell and sometimes have to eliminate companies as vendors when they insist on putting their brand name (and often contact info!) on the product.

But labels could have some sort of indicator as to which side is the back side, without giving any identifying information as to the manufacturer or anything like that. Perhaps the word "backing" or "reverse" could be printed clearly, but unobtrusively, on one corner of the sheet.

Just a thought!
#5 Posted : 2/4/2015 4:04:21 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
We appreciate all the feedback and the recommendations. We can definitely consider adding some type of non-identifying message or watermark to the backside of our sheet in the future.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com