Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/30/2015 6:30:46 PM(EST)
Andyt2

United States

Anyone else have an issue with these labels? The center hole is too large. When using an applicator the hole is larger than the button on the applicator (have several applicators all the same problem.. Therefore it is very hard to get the label centered on the cd/dvd which in turn will cause a wobble when the dis is played.

#2 Posted : 2/2/2015 10:00:05 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Andyt2 -

I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you've experienced when applying your CD labels. Can you respond with the names of the applicators that you have tried using so far? I'd like to take a deeper look into this to see if I can possibly find a solution for you.
#3 Posted : 2/6/2015 11:33:54 AM(EST)
bclab

United States

I'm about to order OL5625 labels for the first time, so if there are any updates on this issue I'd certainly like to hear about it. I plan on getting the CL model, not WX, so maybe that would make a difference.
#4 Posted : 2/6/2015 5:48:40 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bclab Go to Quoted Post
I'm about to order OL5625 labels for the first time, so if there are any updates on this issue I'd certainly like to hear about it. I plan on getting the CL model, not WX, so maybe that would make a difference.

The hole size on the OL5625 is exactly 0.669" in diameter.

We are happy to send you a sample for testing in your applicator if you would like to fill out our sample request form at the link below.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/General/SamplesSelectItems.aspx

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

#5 Posted : 2/7/2015 6:25:20 AM(EST)
bclab

United States

If the hole size really is 0.669" then this isn't really a "full" face label because the hub isn't being fully covered. I normally use your hub labels (OL9990) and those are easy to place on discs accurately without using an applicator. The disc can simply be placed on a spindle and the label is automatically centered and fully covers the hub when it is applied to the disc. The hub labels apparently have a smaller (and more appropriate) hole size of 0.591" so the same very simple application method wouldn't work well with your OL5625 labels.

After spending hours comparing labels on this and many other sites yesterday morning and afternoon, I placed an order here and I've learned too late that what I ordered won't even work properly for my needs. I'm disappointed in myself for not waiting for a response to my question here, but I'm far more disappointed that it sounds like the exact label product that I'm looking for (clear CD/DVD labels that cover both the face and the whole hub) isn't sold at all by Online Labels.

Is there a reason you make and sell a "full face" label that doesn't even cover the same hub area as your hub labels? Also, do you ever plan to make "full face" labels that have the correct hole size in the future?
#6 Posted : 2/7/2015 8:30:49 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

If the hole size really is 0.669" then this isn't really a "full" face label because the hub isn't being fully covered. I normally use your hub labels (OL9990) and those are easy to place on discs accurately without using an applicator. The disc can simply be placed on a spindle and the label is automatically centered and fully covers the hub when it is applied to the disc. The hub labels apparently have a smaller (and more appropriate) hole size of 0.591" so the same very simple application method wouldn't work well with your OL5625 labels.

After spending hours comparing labels on this and many other sites yesterday morning and afternoon, I placed an order here and I've learned too late that what I ordered won't even work properly for my needs. I'm disappointed in myself for not waiting for a response to my question here, but I'm far more disappointed that it sounds like the exact label product that I'm looking for (clear CD/DVD labels that cover both the face and the whole hub) isn't sold at all by Online Labels.

Is there a reason you make and sell a "full face" label that doesn't even cover the same hub area as your hub labels? Also, do you ever plan to make "full face" labels that have the correct hole size in the future?

I am sorry to hear that you don't think that the labels that you purchased are going to work for your purposes. We are happy to take the product back and credit you. You can submit a return request at the link below.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/return.htm

We have carried the OL5625 full face cd label configuration for many years, and I am not aware of us getting many complaints about the size of the center hole not being full face. I will definitely discuss this with our marketing and product team to see if they want to consider adding something that has a slightly smaller hole at some point in the future.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#7 Posted : 2/7/2015 1:13:14 PM(EST)
bclab

United States

Thank you for the response Dave. It's doubtful that I'll be able to make good use of the OL5625 labels due to the too-large hole size. I could try temporarily placing an OL9990 label over the center of an OL5625 so that the "full" label has a better chance of being aligned reasonably well when it is applied, but it would be tedious and less accurate than having labels with the correct hole size.

I would still be very interested in knowing why there's so much of a difference in the hole size between the OL9990 and OL5625 labels.
#8 Posted : 2/7/2015 3:26:05 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Thank you for the response Dave. It's doubtful that I'll be able to make good use of the OL5625 labels due to the too-large hole size. I could try temporarily placing an OL9990 label over the center of an OL5625 so that the "full" label has a better chance of being aligned reasonably well when it is applied, but it would be tedious and less accurate than having labels with the correct hole size.

I would still be very interested in knowing why there's so much of a difference in the hole size between the OL9990 and OL5625 labels.

I recommend that you give the labels a try and see how it goes. The different between the inner hole size on the OL9990 and OL5625 is approximately 1/16" of an inch. My feeling is that the difference will be negligible and not necessarily noticeable when the label is applied to the CD / DVD. It definitely would not be enough to throw the CD/DVD out of balance. If it is an issue you are welcome to return the product and we will credit you.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com