Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 11/18/2014 11:47:24 AM(EST)
Wesley Lam

United States

I am using HP-Photosmart 7520 printer, and I want to print family photos on glossy label with the highest quality (like Magazine quality). But I don't know what kind of glossy label to use. Because I bought White glossy label, and I've also tried so many time to print, but it's almost impossible to absorb into the label and dry. Anyone can give me some advice what kind of glossy label for this printer? or what kind of printer can I use to get highest quality/fastest dry on glossy label? Thanks!!
#2 Posted : 11/18/2014 2:59:43 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Wesley -

Thank you for your inquiry. I'm sorry to hear about the printing issue that you've experienced and I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can. We currently offer two glossy label materials for inkjet printing - the white gloss (which you currently have) and the weatherproof white gloss. Unless your labels will come into contact with moisture, the white gloss material you currently have will likely be the best option for your application.

If you haven't made adjustments to your printer settings yet that would definitely be the first thing to try. First, you'll want to change the material type setting to either Photo or Glossy and try printing another sheet of labels. If the ink still isn't absorbing properly, that would indicate that the sheet is over-saturated. If that's the case, you'll then want to reduce the print quality, which should decrease the amount of ink being output. In most scenarios, making these printer adjustments will greatly improve print quality on high-gloss materials.

In the event that you'd like to consider a new inkjet printer, I've pulled some data from our printer feedback surveys. The printer models listed below have been rated highly by our customers who have purchased white gloss inkjet material:

HP OfficeJet Pro 8600
Epson Artisan 1480
HP OfficeJet 7410
Lexmark Prospect Pro 205
Epson WorkForce WF-7510

Of the printer models listed above I've only had the opportunity to use the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600, which I've been very happy with across a wide variety of different material types. The other recommendations are based solely on feedback gathered from customer surveys, but will very likely prove to be great options as well.

I hope you find this information helpful. If you should need any additional assistance please just let me know!
#3 Posted : 11/18/2014 9:41:35 PM(EST)
Wesley Lam

United States

Hi Josh,

Thank you very much for your information. It's very helpful for me.

Wesley,
#4 Posted : 1/25/2015 4:53:06 PM(EST)
Eligali

We have the Officejet 7000 wide format and are using the White 11X17 glossy (inkjet) labels.

However when we print in a glossy or photo setting the colors sort of wash out.

The blacks get a green tint and are not really black, more like a dark grey.

If we print as regular paper the colors are perfect but the ink bleeds.

Any Advice for the best settings?

Thanks!
#5 Posted : 1/26/2015 10:25:13 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: Eligali Go to Quoted Post
We have the Officejet 7000 wide format and are using the White 11X17 glossy (inkjet) labels.

However when we print in a glossy or photo setting the colors sort of wash out.

The blacks get a green tint and are not really black, more like a dark grey.

If we print as regular paper the colors are perfect but the ink bleeds.

Any Advice for the best settings?

Thanks!

Eligali,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you've experienced and I'll be happy to provide any assistance that I can.

If the color output is acceptable when using the plain paper setting but you are experiencing smearing or smudging the facesheet could potentially be over-saturated with ink. Have you tried reducing the quality setting on the printer? If you're using the "Best" quality setting, adjusting to "Normal" should reduce the saturation and provide a cleaner, more well-defined print. If your printer model has an option for DPI (dots per inch), then reducing that setting should have the same effect.

Please give this a try and let me know if you see any improvements.

I hope this information helps. If you need any further assistance please just let me know!
#6 Posted : 2/17/2015 1:10:39 PM(EST)
kandresen2

United States

Thank you for the advice on adjusting the printing preferences which will change amount of ink being used.
#7 Posted : 2/17/2015 1:14:33 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Originally Posted by: kandresen2 Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for the advice on adjusting the printing preferences which will change amount of ink being used.

I'm very happy to hear that you found that information useful. If you need any further details please just let me know!