Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 3/31/2015 6:46:52 PM(EST)
taylorM

United States

I've ordered several types of paper and am looking for something a little thinner than 50lb. I design and die cut custom stickers. Is there a matte paper anyone can recommend that has a thinner feel once peeled from the backing?

Thanks in advance.

Taylor
#2 Posted : 4/1/2015 6:44:01 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
There are thinner gauge materials that exist, but unfortunately, we do not offer them at this time as part of our standard product line up. Can you provide additional details as to why you want a thinner gauge material? If I understand the reason why you want a thinner gauge material, I may be able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#3 Posted : 4/1/2015 10:54:01 AM(EST)
taylorM

United States

Hi Dave,

The stickers are specifically made to be stuck in a notebook brand that uses thin paper. Its just a preference among most people that the stickers not be so much thicker than the paper its stuck to. I've tried doing my own research for a while and have to have any luck finding thinner paper that I can buy in bulk (500 - 1000 sheets at a time).

Thanks,
Taylor
#4 Posted : 4/1/2015 3:59:17 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Our raw material suppliers do offer products that have slightly thinner face sheets. I would say the face sheets on these products are about 20% thinner than our standard face sheet. That difference in thickness is probably negligible relative to the how much thinner you need. It sounds like you want something significantly thinner.

Unfortunately, we don't stock any of these thinner materials so I don't think that we have anything available that will work for your needs.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com