Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 5/14/2015 9:38:54 AM(EST)
Sheda

Canada

Good Morning,

Looking for a bit of assistance.

I have purchased the OL775CK but seem to be having an issue when printing them.

I have changed my settings to both Everyday Gloss & Photo Glossy, the labels look great, however they still smudge even after letting them dry overnight.

I also changed the quality from Best to Normal, but still having the smudging issue. Not sure what else to do.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
#2 Posted : 5/14/2015 12:00:27 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you've experienced. In terms of printer settings, you could potentially try changing the material type to a transparency option if your printer model has that setting available. You could also try reducing the print quality from normal to draft. Depending on the design, the decrease in print quality may not make a noticeable difference.

If you are happy with the print quality achieved with the combination of the Photo Glossy material type and Normal print quality setting you may want to consider using a clear-coat protective spray. We recommend a product called Krylon Preserve-It, which can be purchased locally at retailers such as Michael's or Hobby Lobby. Applying a light coat to your printed labels will greatly improve their durability.

You can view a step-by-step tutorial on applying an overcoat spray to your labels by visiting the link below:

http://www.onlinelabels.com/howto/how-to-give-your-labels-an-extra-layer-of-protection-label-overcoat