Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 10/19/2015 8:07:53 PM(EST)
ali93a

United States

Hi everyone,

So I'm creating a label for a supplements company, the label contains 2 images, one is the athletes picture, and the second one is the company logo abstract art drawing behind the subject.

I photographed the drawing and inverted the colors to match the black label, but didn't quite sure know the right way to place it into the artwork, so I just cut it out, converted it to CYMK and placed it behind the subject, but as you can see it shows 2 different blacks.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2wgb28p.jpg

How do I fix this problem? the deadline is creeping up around the corner and I don't seem to find a solution for this.

Please help asap.

Thanks,
Ali
#2 Posted : 10/20/2015 8:45:39 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
In some instances, variations in color can occur when placing an image over an existing background color.

Printing the entire design as an image could potentially resolve the issue. To print as an image, save your artwork as a PDF file and open it within Adobe Reader. Open the printer dialog box in Adobe Reader and select the "Advanced" option in the lower left. In this area you will the option to "Print As Image." Select this option, click OK, and then print your label design to see if the two black background colors are matching properly.

I have included a screen shot for your reference. I hope this information helps!
Josh attached the following image(s):
adobe_print_as_image.PNG (96kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.