Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 11/14/2015 3:32:43 AM(EST)
Amanda

I got the ol224wg lables which are big glossy circular labels for inkjet printers. I printed my logo on it but all the black sections easily rub off. This is confusing me because it has never happened on other labels, and even smaller glossy circle labels I bought from here. Should I just get the weatherproof gloss labels? Would that keep the ink on it? If anyone knows a solution I would appreciate it!
#2 Posted : 11/15/2015 10:19:07 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I have seen this issue in the past. I believe it is related to the density of the black ink in your printer. It sounds like the black ink is not properly encapsulating into the top coating of the inkjet label material and is instead just sitting on the top of the material. Because the ink is just sitting on top of the face sheet it makes it easy to rub off. Switching to the weatherproof material may not improve the issue since the top coating on the weatherproof material works in a similar way.

I do know of way to possibly resolve the issue. Are you printing from a PDF file? If so, there is a way to change how your printer creates black. Rather than using 100% black ink, you can get your printer to do a process build (using Cyan, Magenta, Yellow & Black). I have seen this work in some cases depending on the imagery used to create black in your design. To do this you will need to change a setting in Adobe Reader and print your design as an image. To print as an image, open the printer dialog box in Adobe Reader and select the “Advanced” option in the lower left. In this area you will see the option to “Print As Image.” Once you have clicked this option and press print. Let me know if that resolves the issue.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
dcarmany attached the following image(s):
adobe_print_as_image.PNG (96kb) downloaded 9 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.