Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/24/2016 5:01:16 AM(EST)
Kayjay

Australia

Hi, I love the range of labels you have but the shipping costs to Australia are over the top. I can get 100 sheets from labelsbythesheet shipped for a cost of $25.25 {Global Priority flat rate envelope} yet it would cost me over $60 to have the same 100 sheets shipped from you guys! Can you look into this please. There are many many Aussies who would purchase from you if the shipping was comparable to other label makers.
#2 Posted : 1/24/2016 9:26:10 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, International shipping is expensive. We do not try to make money on shipping. We are looking to just cover our costs (and in many cases we even subsidize the cost).

We do not currently ship anything 100 sheets or greater in envelopes. We always uses boxes (not envelopes) when shipping 100 sheets or more. This is due to the fact that our product ships in a plastic clam shell to protect it during shipment and it doesn't fit well in an envelope. In the past, we have used envelopes, but the product was getting damaged and we were then having to send out additional product at no charge using expedited shipping methods which resulted in a significant loss to us (and we had unhappy customers who blamed us for poor packaging). Some smaller competitors may still offer that envelope option because they don't do enough business to know the pitfalls that we have experienced over the years.

We prefer to ship by UPS or Fedex to International addresses and have set our rates accordingly. Of note - US Postal Service international shipping can be very inconsistent (due to lost packages and significant delays in some situations).

We have spent significant time researching International shipping options. If there is a more cost effective means to ship the product to Australia and you are aware of it, we would be very interested in looking at that option. Let us know.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#3 Posted : 1/24/2016 8:23:52 PM(EST)
Kayjay

Australia

Hi Dave
Thank you for your quick and detailed response. I understand your concern re: possible package damage in envelopes. I guess I will have to investigate the possibility of organizing a co-op among my fellow label users so we can split the postage cost!
Regards