Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 2/11/2016 9:08:48 PM(EST)
Amy K

United States

Order # 3115863
OL1125CX
F16D, J7D 11
Invoice 4019716

Hi!

When I print this label, the top row is perfect. As the printing continues down the page it deteriorates, for lack of a better term.

I have a scroll "S" in the top row that is completely filled in with black, but further down the rows, the "S" is not completely filled in and what did not print in the correct spot has deposited in other places. I can scratch off the ink with my fingernail.

This only occurs with this label. The other labels that I purchased on this same order work perfectly.

Any suggestions?

My printer is new. HP M252dw

Thanks
Amy
#2 Posted : 2/12/2016 7:54:44 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Amy K -

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing and I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can. Based on your description of the problem it sounds as if the toner is not being properly fused to the sheet as it moves through the printer. This is not uncommon for certain label materials, especially film based products. You can usually improve the print quality and durability by making an adjustment to the material type setting. Changing the material type setting to a heavier option such as Labels, Transparencies, or Cardstock should cause the sheet to feed through the printer at a slower rate, allowing for a higher, more evenly distributed fusing temperature. In most cases, this will resolve the issue that you are experiencing.

I hope this information helps. If you should require any additional details please just let me know.

#3 Posted : 2/13/2016 3:33:03 PM(EST)
Amy K

United States

You are brilliant Josh!! That was a rookie mistake on my part!!

I tried "labels" and it still did "it", so I tried "extra heavy" and that did the trick!

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Love your website and products!