Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 6/4/2016 6:43:40 PM(EST)
10097brc

United States

I have had this issue for quite a while now. I have contacted your customer service department and they were not helpful at all, actually rude. I would like to know if this will ever be anything you will address?

The above photo was a bottle I took on vacation with me last week and after one use the label almost completely came off my bottle. This bottle had been labeled for approximately 6 months and was lifting on the corners, as they all do on my ldpe bottles, but after being in the shower with me once, it did this. I have been getting complaints from my customers for a while about the labels, I even sent one of my customer's photos to your CS but was told to use alcohol when applying. This doesn't help, by the way. I haven't been able to find anything else to use since my products are mostly used in the shower and get wet. I have to use ldpe bottles because they are easy to squeeze to allow my customers to get the product out of the bottle. I also use other plastics for different products and the labels actually stick to my pet bottles.

As I mentioned to your customer service rep, the paper you used to use for the weatherproof labels was at least half the weight of the paper you are using now. I was told nothing had changed. I have pages of labels left from when they were in fact a much lower weight and those stick to my ldpe bottles. I have been a customer for 6 years now, but I am going to be looking for another source for my labels since, as it was told to me, nothing is different so nothing will be changed. I thought you should know you do in fact have a problem and I am surprised no one else is having an issue with this.
#2 Posted : 6/6/2016 11:37:04 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
10097brc -

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue that you have experienced and I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can.

We've been using the same supplier and material for our Weatherproof Matte Inkjet for almost four years now. Based on your order history, it looks like the last time you received the previous material was in 2012. We were forced to make a change due to major performance issues - the material we were offering at that time was failing basic print durability tests. The print was smearing and smudging even in dry applications, and wasn't holding up well to moisture at all. Once we confirmed the problem, we evaluated and tested a variety of different materials as potential replacements. The material that we are currently offering tested extremely well and resolved the smearing and smudging issues that were being reported by our customers. Since making the transition our complaints and product returns associated with the Weatherproof Matte Inkjet material have decreased dramatically.

Do you happen to have order numbers or lot numbers for the material that you had received from us previously that worked well for you? The lot number would be found on the label on the clamshell packaging. Lot numbers would allow me to pinpoint exactly which material is causing you problems.

No matter what we find out, we will be more than happy to assist you in any way that we can. If you determine that you can no longer use the material we'll be happy to take back any unused product for a refund. We can also send you samples of other materials that we offer that could potentially work better for your specific application. If you have access to a laser printer, our Weatherproof Polyester Laser material has an incredibly strong adhesive that should hold well on just about any surface - I'd be happy to ship samples of this material for you immediately if you'd like to test it.

Please let me know about the order numbers or lot numbers referred to above, and I'll be happy to continue looking into this issue for you.

#3 Posted : 6/6/2016 12:49:33 PM(EST)
10097brc

United States

Most of the labels I used that worked well are long gone, except one package I happen to still have left. I mainly have just loose pages here and there of the ones that worked well, but no packaging. The one clamshell I have left, has a lot # of 792823-01023120. These are a lip balm style labels that I am almost out of now because I have started having to use it for some of my other bottles because it is the only thing I have left that will stick to my containers. I never had any issues with printing on these labels but I use a laser printer and buy injet paper because I found that this combination worked best for me and produced the best labels. I would say the material you are using now is not performing very well because it will not stay on the bottles and makes my products look cheap. I just haven't had time to find another supplier but the amount of complaints I continue to receive leaves me no choice but to take action at this time. I have to have a waterproof label for the majority of my labels and I don't know if the polyester labels will work, because I am thinking I have tested those before and for bottles that you have to squeeze the ink comes off.
#4 Posted : 6/6/2016 2:28:01 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Thank you so much for responding with the lot number. The material with that lot number was actually manufactured back in 2010 - unfortunately, it is the stock that we were forced to transition away from due to concerns with the printability and durability of the material.

The good news is that you are currently using a laser printer to print your labels. Our Weatherproof Polyester Laser material has definitely improved since you received samples back in March 2015. I think it should work really well for your application at this point. Regarding your concern about the toner coming off the labels when the bottles are squeezed, adjusting your printer's material type setting to a heavier option such as labels, transparencies, or thick paper should remove that issue.

If you'll respond with the sizes or item numbers you are interested in I'll be happy to have free samples sent out for you this afternoon.

#5 Posted : 6/6/2016 3:10:22 PM(EST)
10097brc

United States

Yes, well I know it has been a long time since our labels have worked properly on our bottles. It is a shame you discontinued what worked for us.

Two of our main labels are OL800 & OL125. I will test the replacements out and see if they stick to our bottles any better. And we do have our printer settings adjusted to print on labels. So, if these turn out to work better than what we currently are using I can send what I have left of those labels back for a refund? Thanks
#6 Posted : 6/6/2016 3:45:28 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

The sample order will be shipped out this afternoon. Please let us know how the labels work out for you once you receive them. We'll be happy to take back any of your unused labels for a refund whether the new material works out for you or not.

If you should have any questions upon receiving the samples please just let us know.
#7 Posted : 6/6/2016 4:29:56 PM(EST)
10097brc

United States

Thank you. I will let you know if they do in fact work after we test them for a week or so.