Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 6/15/2016 12:33:20 AM(EST)
Dany Uerling

United States

Hello,

I am using the OL550SP silver inkjet labels with a HP Laserjet 500 Color m551. I am having trouble with the smudging/tracking, not sticking on these labels. The ink does not stick well on the labels, and the ink tracks on to other parts of the label. After I print a sheet like this, I have to run several sheets of paper through the printer to clean up the ink on the drum. ( it comes out on the back of the paper). I just bought these labels very recently. I had some of these same labels left that I bought about 6 years ago, and they did not seem to have this problem. Have you changed the manufacture of these label in this time? Any recommendations?

Thank You,
Danny Uerling
#2 Posted : 6/15/2016 8:03:52 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Danny -

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing and I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can. A few years back we ran into significant issues with the weatherproof silver polyester material curling. The material that we currently offer is very similar to the material that you received six years ago, but modifications have been made to the backing to resolve the curling issues.

Based on your description of the problem it sounds as if the toner isn't fully bonding to the facestock of the material. This is a fairly common issue when dealing with film-based label materials and can usually be resolved by making an adjustment to the material type setting within your printer options. Most laser printers are set as default to print on plain copy paper. Changing this setting to a heavier option such as Labels, Heavy Paper, Thick Paper, or Cardstock should resolve the problem that you're experiencing.

I hope this helps. If you should require any additional information please just let me know.
#3 Posted : 6/15/2016 2:49:41 PM(EST)
Dany Uerling

United States

Hello,

I will try that.

Thank You,
Danny Uerling