Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 6/16/2016 8:49:56 AM(EST)
doesntmind

United States

I am using windows 8 (have tried with windows 7 as well)
The printer is a Zebra GC420T using zDesigner gc420t driver
Browsers I'm using are Chrome and Firefox
The web application which generates labels is Ordoro(from which they generate via endicia)

The symptoms:
When printing a pdf label from google chrome or firefox, the label is too blurry for our carrier to scan.
The printer has great quality when printing pdf's from other applications, the same for anything thats not pdf and printed from browser

I've tried foxit and sumatraPDF. Foxit prints correctly but my goal is to be able to print pdf within the browser. I've learned that in sumatraPDF and Microsoft edge's pdf viewer prints bad quality. I'm guessing that the lightweight pdf viewers lack the conversion which adobe, foxit, and all other applications are able to use to print the label correctly.

Possible work around?
If this is impossible I would like to know if anyone has been successful with a free pdf viewer which allowed you to automatically print pdfs when open. I was almost able to achieve this with foxit by editing a pdf's properties and adding the action -print when open- but the property sticks only to the pdf I added it to, I need to have all pdfs I open to have the print action.

Example

Thank you
#2 Posted : 6/16/2016 10:54:09 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
We generally recommend printing directly from Adobe Reader when using our label design software, so I don't have much experience with free third party PDF readers. I do know that Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox have built in PDF readers that sometimes have issues when printing certain PDF files. Have you tried installing the Adobe Acrobat plug-in within Google Chrome? That could potentially improve the printing considering the results you've achieved when using the standalone Adobe Acrobat program.

I've linked to the Chrome plug-in below:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adobe-acrobat/efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj?hl=en
#3 Posted : 6/16/2016 11:13:48 AM(EST)
doesntmind

United States

Thank you for the reply!

I found a solution using a program called Folder Agent and a plugin from chrome called Downloads Router. My labels now automatically save to a folder via Downloads Router and Folder Agent listens for any file in the folder to then print it with default PDF viewer. One click and theres my label.

The chrome plugin you suggested will be my backup plan, Thank you!
#4 Posted : 6/16/2016 2:16:17 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm happy to hear that you were able to find a solution to your problem. If you should require any additional information please just let me know.
#5 Posted : 7/3/2016 6:08:42 PM(EST)
theresacoker

United States

I just bought the yearly subscription to the label software but when i go to PDF to print the watermark is still there...I checked and it does show that my new code number has been accepted...please help asap...I need to print a label now!
#6 Posted : 7/4/2016 9:06:24 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: theresacoker Go to Quoted Post
I just bought the yearly subscription to the label software but when i go to PDF to print the watermark is still there...I checked and it does show that my new code number has been accepted...please help asap...I need to print a label now!

Theresacoker - I just reviewed the Maestro Label Designer account associated with the email address that you used to post to this forum and it does appear to be activated and valid. I show your activation code was activated on July 3rd and is valid for 12 months. I don't see any recently saved designs in your account though. It looks like the last designs that were saved were from back in April (2 different designs).

Can you please try again and let me know if you are still experiencing the issue? If you are still experiencing the issue, please make sure that you are logging in with the correct email address.

I am happy to continue troubleshooting the issue. Let me know.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#7 Posted : 7/4/2016 8:04:30 PM(EST)
theresacoker

United States

I must have just been too impatient as it must have taken a bit to 'take'. It works fine now...thanks so much! This software works great for my purpose i just wish it wasn't so expensive. I might print 300-400 1" square labels a year! If I used it more I wouldn't complain...for my use...a one time charge would seem reasonable.
#8 Posted : 7/5/2016 8:47:57 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: theresacoker Go to Quoted Post
I must have just been too impatient as it must have taken a bit to 'take'. It works fine now...thanks so much! This software works great for my purpose i just wish it wasn't so expensive. I might print 300-400 1" square labels a year! If I used it more I wouldn't complain...for my use...a one time charge would seem reasonable.

I'm glad to hear that the issue is resolved. When you enter an activation code it should immediately remove the watermark. I would assume that your browser was possibly caching the PDF file with the watermark.

In regards to the price of Maestro Label Designer...I notice that you purchased an annual subscription to Maestro Label Designer. That is the most expensive option ($29.95). We do offer 1 month activation codes for $6.95 or free activation code with any purchase on our site. You can see the options below.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/general/maestro-label-design-software-pricing.aspx

Thanks for your business and let us know if you need any additional help.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#9 Posted : 7/6/2016 4:50:38 PM(EST)
theresacoker

United States

yes, I saw the other options but i have enough labels to probably last me 5 years and doubt i will need anything to help me get free software use so i went with the cheapest overall since i never know when i will need to make a label. I sell doll clothes and occassionally they come in and their tags have fallen off.