Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 12/21/2016 2:15:15 PM(EST)
Emalyn

United States

I currently have an HP Officejet Pro 8500 and can print matte labels multiple sheets at a time. However, with gloss labels if I try and print the same way, the labels get jammed after the first couple of pages print. Is the another printer that you recommend that can handle the gloss labels without jamming?

Thanks
#2 Posted : 12/22/2016 10:09:43 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Emalyn -

I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you're experiencing and I'll be happy to offer any assistance that I can. I haven't had an opportunity to use the HP Officejet Pro 8500, but I have used the HP Officejet Pro 8600 extensively with our white gloss inkjet material and have had excellent results. The printers should be extremely similar, so there are a couple of things I can suggest before looking into purchasing a new printer:

- Have you tried changing the material type in the printer settings? There's a material type setting for photo/glossy paper that could potentially improve the way our glossy material feeds through the printer. I would definitely try making this adjustment before trying anything else.

- If you've tried changing the material type and are still experiencing the jamming issue you may need to clean the printer rollers. The rollers inside the printer can build up debris over time, which can cause issues when attempting to feed certain types of materials. There should be steps in the printer manual on how to properly maintain and clean the rollers.

If you've tried both of these suggestions and are still experiencing issues please just let me know. I'll be happy to research some additional printer models that may work for your needs.
#3 Posted : 12/28/2016 2:00:55 PM(EST)
Emalyn

United States

Thanks Josh, I will give your suggestions a try and let you know.