Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 2/17/2017 7:15:06 AM(EST)
kimantunez

United States

Hi. I've been having trouble with the ink on weatherproof lip balm labels. It rubs off no matter how long I let them dry. After reading some posts in this forum I've come to the conclusion that I need a new printer. Can anyone suggest a newish printer (that isn't discontinued)?

Edited by user Friday, February 17, 2017 7:24:37 AM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : 2/17/2017 9:01:31 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
kimantunez -

I've had a lot of success using the HP OfficeJet series of printers with our weatherproof inkjet materials. Currently, I'm using the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600, which does appear to be discontinued at this point. It was an active model pretty recently though, so you may still be able to track it down.

The HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 and HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 seem to be the active models in the OfficeJet series. I haven't had a chance to use either of these printers, but they should be great options too.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.
#3 Posted : 2/17/2017 2:22:27 PM(EST)
kimantunez

United States

Thanks Josh! Do you think a Laserjet printer would be better for lip balm labels?

Edited by user Saturday, February 18, 2017 2:39:13 PM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : 2/20/2017 11:11:47 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
In general, laser printing is a bit more durable when compared to inkjet printing, especially when it comes to contact with moisture. This is due to the fact that the toner used in laser printers consists of a non-liquid, powder substance that is heat fused to the facestock of the labels.

If you decide to look into laser printer models, I've been really happy with the HP LaserJet models that I've used - my primary laser printer right now is the HP LaserJet Pro 200 color. The print quality is excellent and it does great with our weatherproof materials for laser printing.

If you'd like to try samples of our weatherproof laser materials, please feel free to enter a request at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.../SamplesSelectItems.aspx

I hope this helps. If you need any additional details please just let me know.