Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 3/18/2017 1:43:28 PM(EST)
Lou_S

United States

I produce custom poker chip labels for friends and charity tournaments that I am hired for, and was wondering what your thoughts might be regarding the best type of label to use.

I recently did a set for a friends tournament using the Standard Gloss Laser label and they came out nice. Now I need to do a set of smaller labels, and was wondering if I might be better off with the weatherproof polyester label. Looking for durability more than waterproof, although there are usually drinks at the table. This is going to be for my 'showcase' set so I want them to look their best.

Don't really need 8000 labels, wish I could get a sample page of a couple of types so I could check them out. Hate to blow $50 to find out I got the wrong type of label.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Lou

#2 Posted : 3/19/2017 7:54:45 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Thanks for your inquiry. Are you printing with a laser or inkjet printer? What label size did you plan to purchase?

Let me know and I am happy to direct you to our recommended products.

Once you know the product numbers that you think will work, we are happy to provide samples at no charge for testing. You can fill out our sample request form at the link below.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/General/SamplesSelectItems.aspx

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com
#3 Posted : 3/19/2017 11:16:09 AM(EST)
Lou_S

United States

I am using an HP Laser printer.

For this batch I'm looking at the.875 circle. 1000 chips for this run, maybe more in the future...

I previously used your 1" white gloss for Laser printers, but the inlay on this particular chip is slightly smaller.

Thanks,
Lou
#4 Posted : 3/19/2017 1:00:15 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Thanks for the information. I recommend that you check out our product OL1245LP (0.875" circle on our weatherproof laser printable polyester material). You can check out pricing and configuration information at the link below.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/products/OL1245lp.htm

You can request samples of the product for testing at the link below.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/General/SamplesSelectItems.aspx

For best durability, it is important that you select "Labels" as the media type when printing onto these labels to make sure that you get the best possible fusion of the toner from your printer to the material.

I hope this information is helpful. Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com