Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 5/3/2017 11:14:56 AM(EST)
AHSCO

Canada

I've been using online labels for years. Same labels. Bought a new HP OfficeJet 8710 and I've had nothing but problems. Borderless printing on (it's worse with borderless printing off), I print a test page with just the template outlines showing and they are all off center. I had to redo my soap and lip balm labels by moving every single outline and printing and reprinting over and over until it was perfect and saving that as the actual template.

My newest labels, OL775 are even worse somehow. Not only are they grossly off center, they're the wrong size (too big). I've tried messing with all the settings in both photoshop and HP's print dialog and nothing is working. So I have to now waste time and label sheets to resize and move each outline and reprint until it's perfect.

I'm completely fed up with HP. They removed several options for page scaling and I'm stuck with the stupid thing for now.

Has anyone run into this and found a fix? It's not the labels, because my last printer worked fine with the same ones.
#2 Posted : 5/4/2017 9:26:59 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Sorry to hear about the issues that you experiencing. We have a variety of users who have had success with the HP OfficeJet 8710 so I don't think it is an issue related to the printer. Based on what you are saying, I suspect the issues you are experiencing are related to the software settings rather than your hardware.

Can you tell us a little more about your process of printing the labels? Based on what you are saying, it sounds like a page scaling issue. We see this a lot when a user's page scaling settings are wrong in Adobe Reader or their PDF printing software. You mentioned you are using Photoshop. Photoshop is typically used for photo/image editing, but it is not commonly used for formatting the labels onto a page and printing. What template or software are you using to actually lay out and print the labels? Are you printing from a PDF file that you are generating from a program?

Let me know more about your process and we can attempt to troubleshoot / resolve the issues.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com