Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/27/2018 6:07:03 AM(EST)
dodge2017

I have the white gloss for inkjet labels. My label font color is black - there is no other color on my label. When I go to print them, they look perfectly jet black against the white label paper they're on. However, when I peel the label and the light goes through them (or if I place them on my mason jars) they clearly have a brownish/redish tint. I've tried everything to resolve the problem. My print quality is set to "Best", I've tried printing with the setting under both Photo Gloss and Brochure Gloss, I've tried the setting "Print As Image", etc. I have an HP Envy 7640 inkjet printer. I know black can be tricky when printed on gloss paper but I can't believe there isn't a way that this will work out for me. I've put in a request to return these and I've purchased the laser printer gloss labels which ship on Monday. I really don't want to have to use someone else's laser printer to do these - can someone please help me?
#2 Posted : 1/29/2018 8:26:04 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
dodge2017 -

I'm sorry to hear about the issue and I'll be happy to assist however I can. You've already tried most of the suggestions that I'd usually recommend for this type of problem, but I was able to locate the HP Envy 7640 manual online and did find another setting that could potentially improve your results.

Since your label design consists solely of black print, you could try printing in "true black" mode. Doing so will ensure that your printer is only using black ink rather than using a combination of the other colors to approximate the black color. To print in true black, click the "Advanced" button in your print settings. Look for the "Print in Grayscale" drop-down menu, select "Black Ink Only", and then click the "OK" button. This will ensure that your printer is only using ink from the black cartridge, which should provide the most accurate representation of the color.

I hope this information helps. If you're unable to make the labels work after trying this suggestion we'll be happy to assist you in returning the product for a refund. Please just let us know if there's anything else we can do for you at this time.