Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 2/10/2018 9:45:54 AM(EST)
LUVUBeauty

Canada

I have a few products that need more room. I don't think I want to go the extended content route because of cost, so I was thinking of layering maybe a removable on top of another label to allow for more room. Has anyone tried this? Does the adhesive backing remove the ink for the bottom label? I use a laser and am currently using waterproof white gloss, so I would do a removable on top of that? Any suggestions?
#2 Posted : 2/11/2018 8:57:33 AM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Thanks for inquiry. My gut feeling is that this isn't going to work well with the products that we offer. I haven't tested this concept, but that is my initial thoughts. The adhesive on the removable label may start to adhere to the toner or ink from the label under it if left on it for a period of time and when the user removes the top label (assuming it comes off cleanly) it will likely take up some of the ink / toner from the bottom label. The performance will really depend on how well your toner fuses to the material, the amount of toner coverage, and the length of time the top label sits on the bottom label.

Also - professionally printed multi-layer labels often have a spot where the adhesive is deadened to make it easy and obvious where to peel up the top label so you know to read the label on the bottom. I have a feeling that it may be a little challenging for the person who purchase the product to peel up the top label.

We are happy to send you samples our product for testing the feasibility of your idea if you would like to fill out our sample request form at the link below.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/samples

I have seen a lot of extended text labels in the market where they layer a label on a label, but these extended text labels are typical printed by a professional label printing company. The bottom layer normally has a laminate or coating that makes the top label peel easily off the bottom label. The bottom layer is also usually protected by a laminate coating to make it so the adhesive from the top layer doesn't take the ink off the bottom layer. Due to the complexity of manufacturing the product, extended text or multi-layer labels can be pretty expensive on a per label basis if you aren't buying a larger quantity of labels (in the tens of thousands).

You can learn more about multi-layer labels at Consolidated Label. They have a good video on the topic.

https://www.consolidatedlabel.com/label-articles/multi-layer-labels-can-help-expand-marketing-product/

Here is a video of a multi-layer label so you can see a multi-layer label in action. You can see that the bottom layer has a sheen to it from the coating put on the material to make it so the top layer releases easily from the bottom layer.

https://www.consolidatedlabel.com/label-videos/multi-layer-labels/

I hope this information is helpful.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com

Edited by user Tuesday, October 2, 2018 2:02:36 PM(EST)  | Reason: Not specified