Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 12/3/2018 10:40:28 AM(EST)
ferpont

Argentina

Hi, Josh! I'm on the market for an Okidata led c311 for printing on opp vinyl branded «ArtJet», (the only one i 've found here in buenos Aires). Did a sample print on a print shop, but it came out partly melted and smeared. The printing was awesome in the parts that were not affected.
Thats why I decided to try led tecnology because of the assumption that led is cooler than a regular laser fusor, so It wont melt the vinyl sheet.
So I have this two questions...
1) Is it there any distributor of your vinyls here in Buenos Aires, Argentina?
2) do you think the Oki C311 will do the job well with opp vinyl for laser printing?
Thank you so much
#2 Posted : 12/3/2018 4:27:41 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
ferpont -

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we don't have a distributor in Argentina that sells our products locally. All of our products are manufactured and shipped from our locations within the United States.

When you tested the OKI C311 were you using one of our label materials? Or were you testing a vinyl material from a different vendor? Our laser compatible products should work fine in an LED printer, but we haven't tested performance in that specific model. Some adjustments may need to be made to the printer settings to ensure optimal printing results - typically setting the material type to glossy or labels will ensure the best print quality.

We have a couple different label materials that would likely be suitable for your application - weatherproof polyester laser and weatherproof vinyl laser. The weatherproof polyester laser material is available in a larger selection of sizes, but we do have a small selection of popular sizes available in our weatherproof vinyl laser as well. You can view information about both material types at the links below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/material_polyester_laser_labels.htm

https://www.onlinelabels.com/weatherproof_vinyl_laser.htm

If you haven't tried our label material yet you can place a small sample order before placing a full order. The sample sheets are free, but there would be a charge for shipping to Argentina. We definitely recommend testing our material before placing a large order. You can enter a sample order by visiting the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/general/SamplesSelectItems.aspx

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 4, 2018 7:07:01 AM(EST)  | Reason: added hyperlinks to links for navigation

#3 Posted : 12/6/2018 7:18:25 PM(EST)
ferpont

Argentina

Thank you for your prompt response!

Until yesterday I had not tried the c311 with laser ready vinyl. I did last evening, and the vinyl handled well the heat issue, but with poor quality of printing... I then told the tech guy to try and adjust settings to "glossy" but he said the c311 didn't have that option on the machine preferences.
The test I had done prior to this was on a huge proffesional laser printer, at a print shop... that's when the vinyl sheet came out warped and smeared (I guess because of the heating and the long "travel" of the media through a lot of rollers inside the printer). On a c311 that doesn't happen because the sheet goes (I guess) through a single roller...

I'm lost at this point, is it true you can't set to "glossy" on a c311? would that be possible on a c711?

Thank you in advance!

#4 Posted : 12/7/2018 1:23:22 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
ferpont -

I haven't had an opportunity to use the OKI C311 printer model, but I do have access to an OKI C711 that I use for testing purposes. The media type settings for the C711 are not available within the printer options in the print driver. You actually have to physically set the media type settings using the LCD screen on the printer. The media type setting is tucked away in the tray configurations menu. I can't speak for the C311, but the C711 definitely has a glossy media type available.

Even if there isn't a glossy material setting on the C311, setting the media type to any heavier option (heavy paper, card stock, labels, etc.) should theoretically increase the fusing temperature and provide better print quality and durability.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.
#5 Posted : 12/7/2018 6:59:01 PM(EST)
ferpont

Argentina

Oh, thanks a ton!
That definetly could solve the problem...
I'll try that and keep fingers crossed !
Thank you again!