Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 8/9/2017 10:34:43 AM(EST)
izalew73

United States

Hello, can you recommend a material that will be most suitable for cosmetic label (lotions, creams). I guess it must be weatherproof/ waterproof? I also will appreciate your advise regarding most suitable printer for this kind of projects. I am starting my business and I want to start from small quantities, so I think printing them myself at this point, will be best solution. Thank you
#2 Posted : 8/9/2017 12:18:58 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Thank you for your inquiry. You'll definitely want to use a weatherproof material for labeling cosmetic products. We do offer weatherproof labels for both inkjet and laser printers, but if you're in the market for a new printer I'd personally recommend purchasing a laser printer model. Laser printers provide more durable print results when compared to inkjet printing, and we also have a wider selection of weatherproof material types available for laser printer models - white polyester, clear gloss, and silver polyester.

As far as printer recommendations go, I've had very positive experiences using the HP Color LaserJet series of printers. I've recently had the opportunity to use the HP Color LaserJet Pro M452 and the HP Color LaserJet Pro M252 with our laser compatible weatherproof materials and have been extremely pleased with the results.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let me know.
#3 Posted : 10/9/2017 3:58:58 AM(EST)
etiquettesystem

United States

BOPP Material and Polyester meant specifically for packaging and point -of-use disposal. Waterproof labels work best here. Depending on type of material you can choose laser printer, inkjet printer, or thermal printer.

Edited by user Monday, October 9, 2017 6:53:38 AM(EST)  | Reason: Removed line due to not following forum protocol.

#4 Posted : 7/27/2018 6:05:52 AM(EST)
Blueribbonlabel

United States

Hello! It’s definitely a good idea to use material that is waterproof. Also, you certainly want to use something that can withstand harsher conditions since cosmetics are sometimes kept in the bathroom where it can become pretty warm. So, you might want to consider using a material like vinyl or BOPP.

Edited by user Sunday, July 29, 2018 5:37:45 PM(EST)  | Reason: FORUM MODERATOR - REMOVED URL - AGAINST FORUM GUIDELINES.

#5 Posted : 11/29/2018 12:51:37 PM(EST)
LabelUser

United States

Hi, what labels are better to use for cosmetic products similar to Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Face Cream Moisturizer Fragrance-Free - 1.7 oz (Label on Glass with Golden letters)? Thank you
#6 Posted : 11/29/2018 4:52:13 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LabelUser Go to Quoted Post
Hi, what labels are better to use for cosmetic products similar to Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Face Cream Moisturizer Fragrance-Free - 1.7 oz (Label on Glass with Golden letters)? Thank you

Unfortunately, it won't be possible to reproduce this exact look with our selection of label materials. Our label materials are intended for use in desktop inkjet and laser printers, which are not capable of producing foil lettering as seen on the Olay product mentioned in your post. To achieve the exact same appearance you'd need to have the labels professionally printed.

You could create a label with a similar look by using our clear gloss material for laser printing and choosing a gold font color when designing your labels. The lettering would not have the metallic foil appearance, but the labels would still provide a "no label look" on your products while also being resistant to moisture and heavy handling.

You can learn more about our clear gloss laser material at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels...l_clear_laser_labels.htm

If you'd like to request samples of the product before placing an order you can do so at the following link:

https://www.onlinelabels.../SamplesSelectItems.aspx

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.
#7 Posted : 12/8/2018 7:58:25 AM(EST)
goldenlilys

United States

Hi, I would also recommend a laser printer because you spend more in the beginning but save more in the long run. I used an ink jet printer when I first started my business and spent a lot of money on ink.