Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 3/16/2019 6:08:23 PM(EST)
Kay

United States

I use the Silhouette Cameo to make labels - using mostly the clear glossy labels for laser (OL177CL). I have noticed recently that the blade goes blunt after few cuts, and this is really frustrating. I think this may have something to do with the material for the clear labels, I have tried everything including premium blades and getting a new cameo machine and still the same issue. A blade is lasting only a day or two - about ten page cuts)
Has anyone complained of this issue? I would really appreciate any suggestions as blades are quite expensive.
#2 Posted : 3/18/2019 10:12:58 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Kay -

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing. Our clear gloss laser material is commonly used in Silhouette Cameo cutting machines and prior to your post we haven't received any feedback about the material causing the blades to dull faster than usual. If you'll provide some additional information about how you're using the material I'll be happy to pass it along to our resident expert on cutting machines.

Are you cutting all the way through the material and the backing? Or are you kiss cutting the label material only?

Which cut settings are you currently using to cut the material?

We do provide recommended cut settings based on the machine and material that you're using. I've provided the link below just in case you haven't located this page on our site:

https://www.onlinelabels...r-paper-cut-settings.htm