Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 7/17/2019 2:13:23 PM(EST)
kathysz

United States

I am in the market for a new printer for work. The Officejet pro 8600 that everyone here likes is discontinued. the 9000 series doesn't state that it supports label printing. HP suggested the HP PageWide Pro 452 dw,
Has anyone tried it? I don't want anything finicky.
#2 Posted : 7/18/2019 4:42:23 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I don't have any personal experience using the HP PageWide Pro 452dw. Unfortunately, there's no printer feedback data from our customers that have used this exact same printer model either. I've generally been very happy with the various HP printer models I have had the opportunity to test our products with over the years, so I'm sure this one should work fine as well.

It's important to note, however, that when you're shopping for a new inkjet printer you don't necessarily have to buy one that has a specific paper type setting for labels. We typically recommend using a photo or glossy paper type setting when printing on the majority of our inkjet label materials. The photo/glossy paper type settings generally provide the most optimal print quality and durability. If you've found a printer model that you're interested in, or that you've seen good feedback on, and you're avoiding it due to the lack of a specialized option for labels you should be fine to purchase it for use with labels as long as there are photo/glossy paper type options available. Most of the inkjet printer models I use for testing our products don't feature specialized label settings.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let me know.