Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 11/8/2019 7:48:00 AM(EST)
Sunrise Bay Soap, LLC

3.25" x 2" Oval
OL894CJ
Clear Matte Inkjet

This is the label I have for my foaming hand soaps, shower gels etc. When it gets wet the ink literally runs off the label. Can someone please suggest a label I can use with my EPSONE8AAA6 (ET-2650 series ink jet printer. I have purchased the labels above but the ink just runs right off. I had to finally take another blank label and put it OVER the printed one to keep it from running. It's getting expensive... I don't care if they are clear, matte or white...just so they don't run! Thank you.
#2 Posted : 11/8/2019 8:04:08 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Unfortunately, we don't carry a weatherproof clear material for inkjet printers at this time. We do carry two different white materials that should hold up very well in direct contact with moisture:

Weatherproof White Matte Inkjet
Weatherproof White Gloss Inkjet

Both of these materials would be suitable for your specific application. If you'd like to test these materials before placing an order you can request free sample sheets by visiting the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/general/SamplesSelectItems.aspx

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let me know.
#3 Posted : 11/8/2019 8:21:26 AM(EST)
Sunrise Bay Soap, LLC

Ok, thank you. I will try the white ones...
#4 Posted : 11/18/2019 4:17:05 PM(EST)
D.Sherell

United States

I have used white labels and gold foil labels in my inkjet printer. I changed the quality of the printing and everything. I called Online Labels. The ink still ran.
I invested in a laser printer. I experienced the words smudging when they come in contact with oils from your fingers. I called Online Labels. I was told to change
page setup to labels. Problem solved.
No matter what, for quality, I would invest in a laser printer. The color ones are not as expensive I thought they would be when I first began to look for them. I use a monochrome
my gold foil. The color is sharp. The words don't smudge. They are water proof. The only issue I have is the gold foil comes off when essential oils or undiluted soap gets on them.
#5 Posted : 11/18/2019 6:09:59 PM(EST)
Sunrise Bay Soap, LLC

Thank you so much for that information. Unfortunately I had just recently purchased this printer and am not financially able to buy another one. I received some samples from ONline Label (very appreciative of that) but they still run. At present I am just putting a clear label over the one I printed. It's not economical but the best I can do at the moment. Again, thank you for the response.
#6 Posted : 11/20/2019 9:11:22 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Sunrise Bay Soap, LLC Go to Quoted Post
Thank you so much for that information. Unfortunately I had just recently purchased this printer and am not financially able to buy another one. I received some samples from ONline Label (very appreciative of that) but they still run. At present I am just putting a clear label over the one I printed. It's not economical but the best I can do at the moment. Again, thank you for the response.

If you're experiencing smearing on the weatherproof materials making an adjustment to the material type setting will usually resolve those types of issues. Try changing the material type within your printer options to a photo or glossy setting. This will typically improve the print quality and durability when printing on to glossy or weatherproof inkjet materials.

If you need some additional sample sheets for testing the settings adjustments please just let me know. I'll be happy to have some additional sheets sent out for you.