Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 8/27/2014 11:41:35 PM(EST)
Sycotik

United States

I cannot edit 1 label at a time or print. it prints a whole page. I tried standard and create multiple, but it still gives me a whole page. I saved it and exported it to Word but it only prints in the middle leaving a white edge all around. What can I do to resolve this? Your labels are far better than others, but I cannot use it the way I want, I would like to keep using your labels but Maestro is a bit limited.
#2 Posted : 8/28/2014 5:05:35 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Based on what I believe you are saying that you need, I am confident this can be achieved using Maestro Label Designer.

Can you clarify exactly what you are you trying to do? Are you just trying to print 1 label on the sheet and leave the rest of the sheet blank?

You can achieve this by creating multiple designs on the sheet. To create multiple designs on the page (a design along with blank labels), you will need to go to the Page View tab on the left side menu. Assuming that you have the label you have designed on the screen, click on New Design button on the Page View tab (left hand corner of screen). Create a New Design that has nothing in it (blank). Then go back to the Page View tab and hit Edit Layout. From there, it will allow you to select the labels in which you want to apply the New Design (blank). Apply the blank label design to all the areas that you want blank.

I hope this helps. I am happy to clarify further if these instructions aren't clear enough. You can also contact our customer support team at 1-888-575-2235.

Thanks.

Dave

2 users thanked dcarmany for this useful post. karoSofawoman
#3 Posted : 8/28/2014 6:02:58 PM(EST)
Sycotik

United States

Hi I got the label done as a single, I tried printing but it's out of line and goes over to the label below, it also only saves as a pdf before print, I tried saving it as jpg and tried printing via word doc, but the edges all around are white and its a full color label. No simple labeling here.
#4 Posted : 8/28/2014 6:12:02 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

You should be able to print right from the PDF document (it is critical that you use Adobe Reader and have your Page Scaling settings set to Off or None).

I am not sure exactly why you would want to change to a different format such as JPG. There are options to generate other formats out of Maestro Label Designer, but I am unsure why you want to do that.

Here are some instructions to help with alignment issues.

http://www.onlinelabels....ide/Alignment-Guide.aspx

It is also critical that you bleed color over the edge if you are running color all the way to the edge of the label. Here is a quick article on bleed.

http://www.onlinelabels....Guide/Printer-Bleed.aspx

Let me know if you need additional help.

Dave
#5 Posted : 8/28/2014 6:31:54 PM(EST)
Sycotik

United States

Got it thanks, I saved as a jpg so i can just add a photo to the word doc template, did not workout. but I'll follow your inst. thanks
#6 Posted : 8/28/2014 6:48:45 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Let us know how it goes. Our support team is also available to help by phone if you decide that you need some direction.

Thanks.

Dave
#7 Posted : 9/10/2014 2:26:59 AM(EST)
karo

i tried and it work
thank you
#8 Posted : 12/27/2019 2:01:09 PM(EST)
Rob L.

United States

After reading Dave's instructions, I've come to the conclusion that perhaps the Maestro Label Designer has been changed a bit since his post in 2014. I say this because he states to "click on New Design button on the Page View tab (left hand corner of screen)". However, there no longer is a "New Design button on the Page View tab (left hand corner of the screen)".
(Tried to paste a screen shot, but didn't work.) So in my version it shows the following:
Design New Label, Saved Designs, Blank Templates, and Pre-Designed Templates. Under that is the Need Help menu. So, I'm pretty stuck here. What I'd like to do is just print one label to see how I like it, rather than wasting a full sheet of labels if the design isn't to my liking.
Thanks for the help.
#9 Posted : 12/27/2019 3:27:43 PM(EST)
Dave Carmany

United States

Originally Posted by: Rob L. Go to Quoted Post
After reading Dave's instructions, I've come to the conclusion that perhaps the Maestro Label Designer has been changed a bit since his post in 2014. I say this because he states to "click on New Design button on the Page View tab (left hand corner of screen)". However, there no longer is a "New Design button on the Page View tab (left hand corner of the screen)".
(Tried to paste a screen shot, but didn't work.) So in my version it shows the following:
Design New Label, Saved Designs, Blank Templates, and Pre-Designed Templates. Under that is the Need Help menu. So, I'm pretty stuck here. What I'd like to do is just print one label to see how I like it, rather than wasting a full sheet of labels if the design isn't to my liking.
Thanks for the help.

Rob L. -
Maestro Label Designer functionality has changed quite a bit since when that answer was originally posted. It is still possible to print one label on the sheet or print a partial page of labels. To do this, you would need to use the multi-design tools built into Maestro Label Designer. I recommend that you check out the tutorial at the link below. It explains in detail how to specify which labels on the sheet you want to print.

https://www.onlinelabels.com/articles/how-to-use-multi-design-tool.htm

Once you have read the tutorial and tried it, feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns.

Thanks.

Dave C.
OnlineLabels.com