Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 4/19/2020 6:23:51 PM(EST)
desiderata5

Canada

I bought Weatherproof Polyester and the print smears. I am printing from a HP laserjet M252dw. When I choose "print" from the Maestro label maker there are no options to choose type of paper ie. glossy, thick, normal etc For this reason I believe it is smearing because I am unable to change options of paper source.

What can I do? I paid a lot of money for these labels and if they are going to smear I will have to think of other options. Help!

Thanks all
#2 Posted : 4/20/2020 12:29:24 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I apologize for the confusion and I'll be happy to assist. The paper type setting isn't actually located within Maestro Label Designer itself. Instead, you'll adjust those types of settings after you've generated the PDF print file by clicking on "Print Now" and then "Download and Print" within the program. This will typically open the PDF within Adobe Reader, which is where you'll actually print your labels.

Once the PDF file is open within Adobe Reader you'll open the print dialog box, either by pressing the Ctrl+P keys on your keyboard or by clicking the printer icon in the menu bar. Once the printer dialog box is open, you'll need to look for the "Properties" button. Clicking on that button will open a new screen with some additional print options. This is where you'll find the "Media" setting. Adjusting the media setting to something like Glossy Paper, Heavy Glossy, or Labels should dramatically improve the durability of your printed labels.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please just let us know.