Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 8/8/2020 9:33:15 PM(EST)
Floeflan

I don’t know what to do. I have tried some tricks to see if it’ll scan but nothing works. I’m have second thoughts because I have these labels and there going to waste
#2 Posted : 8/10/2020 12:58:56 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you've experienced. Cricut models have been known to have issues with glossy material types. I was able to locate a troubleshooting topic on their website related to this issue, and it specifically recommends using matte materials rather than glossy materials due to the glossy finish interfering with the machine's ability to read the sensor marks. The troubleshooting topic can be viewed at the link below:

https://help.cricut.com/...ead-the-cut-sensor-marks

There are a few things you can try that may improve the results:

- If it isn't already, close the lid on the cutting machine. This can help resolve issues caused by external light sources reflecting off of the glossy surface of the material.

- Remove any other materials from the paper tray.

- Placing matte finish scotch tape over the registration marks can sometimes trick the sensor into properly scanning.

If you've already tried these troubleshooting tips and are still experiencing difficulty with the weatherproof gloss inkjet material, you may want to try our weatherproof matte inkjet material instead. Cricut's troubleshooting documentation indicates that it should have no problems working with your machine. If you'd like to try samples before placing an order please visit the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.../SamplesSelectItems.aspx

If you determine you are unable to use the glossy material we will be more than happy to assist you with a return and refund. You can initiate a product return by visiting the following link:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/return.htm

I hope this helps. Please just let us know if you need any additional information.
 1 user thanked Josh for this useful post: hlry
#3 Posted : 8/10/2020 5:56:39 PM(EST)
Floeflan

Hello. Yes I have tried those tricks and didn’t work. And unfortunately I cannot do a return due to that it has expired the days that I can return it. I have a package of it that’s untouched and not even opened. I want to exchange it to the matte weatherproof but...yeah I can’t..
#4 Posted : 8/11/2020 8:06:55 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Floeflan Go to Quoted Post
Hello. Yes I have tried those tricks and didn’t work. And unfortunately I cannot do a return due to that it has expired the days that I can return it. I have a package of it that’s untouched and not even opened. I want to exchange it to the matte weatherproof but...yeah I can’t..

I will have one of our customer service team members reach out to assist you with a return and refund. Then you can place a new order for the weatherproof matte inkjet material. You should hear from them later today. If you have any questions in the meantime please just let me know.
#5 Posted : 1/28/2022 12:54:57 PM(EST)
caraliz

United States

In case anyone is having problems with this still, try having less light in the room when trying to scan and cut glossy papers. The glare from the light I noticed will not allow for the machine to read the registration lines. Once I turned off the lights in my office (I still have some natural light), that fixed the problem for me.