Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 12/2/2020 5:53:50 PM(EST)
Bazil

United States

I got a canon pixma ix6820 printer and it works great with matte labels but the glossy labels have a weird waterspotty pattern over the images?

I’ve played around with paper settings and it’s still the same. Any recommendations?
#2 Posted : 12/3/2020 10:16:09 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the issues. I was able to locate the manual for the Canon Pixma iX6820 and there are a few settings you can adjust that may improve your printing results.

You'll want to make sure you that you're using an appropriate material type setting. A photo or glossy setting should provide the best results on this type of material.

There should be a setting called "Prevent Paper Abrasion" within the maintenance section of the printer driver settings. Enabling this option will ensure that the print head is not coming into direct contact with the surface of the sheet and causing inconsistencies in the print.

There's another setting for print intensity within the color adjustment options. Reducing the print intensity can help resolve issues where the print quality is affected by too much ink being placed onto the sheet.

One final setting to look for is the "Ink Drying Wait Time" setting. Increasing this option will provide additional time for the ink to dry during the actual printing process. This will make the printing a little slower, but can also improve printing results as well.

If you've tried adjusting these settings and you're still experiencing issues, please contact our customer service team directly for additional troubleshooting. You can reach them by phone at 1-888-575-2235, or by submitting a ticket at the link below:

https://secure.onlinelabels.com/support/SupportRequest.aspx

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.