Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 1/11/2021 6:32:55 PM(EST)
bacapsay

United States

We use Weatherproof Polyester Laser 4"X2" 10 label/Sheet stickers (OL125LP) for our colored labeled stickers. We currently use a HP Color Laserjet Enterprise M553printer and was hoping for suggestions on a better printer.

Thank you
#2 Posted : 1/12/2021 9:28:19 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
The HP Color LaserJet series is typically our top recommendation for laser printer models. We've tested our selection of laser printable materials with a variety of printer models from a number of major manufacturers and have routinely seen the best print results with the HP Color LaserJet models. Can you provide some additional details about the issues that you're experiencing with yours? I may be able to provide some troubleshooting suggestions. Even if I'm unable to troubleshoot your current issues, the additional details may be useful in providing a new printer recommendation.
#3 Posted : 1/12/2021 11:52:56 AM(EST)
bacapsay

United States

Additional information:
Labels do not line up correctly sometimes and text goes outside borders.
#4 Posted : 1/12/2021 5:27:13 PM(EST)
bacapsay

United States

Also, if we print out more than 6 sheets sometimes a color will fade, or black gets spotty.
#5 Posted : 1/13/2021 3:41:06 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Thanks for getting back to us with those additional details. Have you tried adjusting the material type within the print settings? Moving to a heavier material type like photo, glossy, or labels will typically slow down the feed of the material through the printer. This can often lead to more consistent, better aligned prints in addition to better print quality and durability. If you haven't made this adjustment already it's definitely worth trying. It's possible that it could resolve both of the issues that you mentioned.

The label sheets can move slightly as they feed through the printer. If your design doesn't allow for some movement, slight shifts can be very apparent. As mentioned above, simply changing the material type to a more appropriate, heavier setting may help account for the shift that can occur. Our printer alignment guide provides additional suggestions for overcoming misalignment caused by printer shift, as well as other common issues associated with misaligned print. You can view the printer alignment guide at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/articles/printer-alignment-guide

Of course, over time the fusing units on laser printers can wear down and begin to fail. Seeing the color fade as you get further into a print job could be an indicator that the fusing unit in your printer is going bad. If adjusting the material type setting to a heavier option doesn't improve the print quality, then it may be time to begin shopping for a new printer after all. Based on my history with the brand I'd recommend sticking to HP. I've had a ton of success using printer models from their Color LaserJet Pro series. I've been using both the HP Color LaserJet Pro M252 and the HP Color LaserJet Pro M452 for years and have been very pleased with their performance across all of our laser printable label materials. Both of those models are discontinued at this point, but newer models in the series seem to be reviewed very well online and we've gotten positive feedback from customers using them with our labels.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.