Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 4/12/2021 9:54:11 AM(EST)
bbgoods

United States

I have been using a Brother HL-L2370DW series laser printer with the Clear Gloss labels, but I am looking to purchase a better quality printer. I only print with black ink so I don't necessarily need one that does great with color, but I definitely need one that does well with alignment, as that's the biggest issue I've experienced with the Brother printer. That, and feeding issues in general- the sheets get jammed every time I first start printing- it's like the printer needs to get warmed up by destroying a few sheets before it decides to work properly :(

I would appreciate any recommendations you have! I would like to keep cost under $300 if possible.
#2 Posted : 4/13/2021 12:26:28 PM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you're experiencing with your printer. Have you tried adjusting the material type setting within the print options? I have access to a monochrome Brother HL-L2360DW printer model, and for the clear gloss material I definitely see the best results when using one of the heavier paper type options rather than the plain paper setting. If you haven't tried one of the thick paper settings or the label setting it's probably worth a try before shopping for a new printer. A heavier paper type setting typically provides a slower and more accurate feed through the printer which can help alleviate issues with alignment and jamming.

If you've tried adjusting the paper type setting and decide you still want to look for a new printer model, I'd recommend going with an HP LaserJet Pro model. I've used a wide range of their printer models over the years and have always been pleased with the results. I just checked HP's website and they have a number of monochrome printer models available in your price range that should be a good fit for your application. You may even be able to find one of their Color LaserJet Pro printer models near that price range as well.

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.

#3 Posted : 4/13/2021 3:27:17 PM(EST)
bbgoods

United States

Unfortunately I have tried adjusting the paper type settings- even on label or thick paper I still have issues. I'm doing a lot of label printing these days so it's just not worth the headache of dealing with the current one I have anymore. I will definitely look into the HP LaserJet Pro printers, thank you so much for the suggestion!