Join the conversation. Share tips and solutions with fellow Online Labels users.
Welcome to our forum! If you are an existing Online Labels user please Sign In. If you are a new user please Register.
#1 Posted : 11/28/2021 9:57:04 AM(EST)
ScottMoore

I work in the entertainment industry and we print color labels for our shipping cases for each project. The labels need to be durable, waterproof, have a strong adhesive but also, and very important, a clean release as they are removed and replaced after each project.

We currently have 8.5 x 5.5 labels that have these characteristics, however, having a label that runs the full width of the backing makes peeling the label off extremely difficult without stretching or inadvertently folding the label. We end up ruining 30-40% of the labels we try and install. Hoping to find something that prints two labels per sheet but includes a border which I tend to think will help stiffen the backing and make peeling the labels off much simpler. Any suggestions?
#2 Posted : 11/29/2021 8:13:39 AM(EST)
Josh

United States

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScottMoore Go to Quoted Post
I work in the entertainment industry and we print color labels for our shipping cases for each project. The labels need to be durable, waterproof, have a strong adhesive but also, and very important, a clean release as they are removed and replaced after each project.

We currently have 8.5 x 5.5 labels that have these characteristics, however, having a label that runs the full width of the backing makes peeling the label off extremely difficult without stretching or inadvertently folding the label. We end up ruining 30-40% of the labels we try and install. Hoping to find something that prints two labels per sheet but includes a border which I tend to think will help stiffen the backing and make peeling the labels off much simpler. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, we don't offer a weatherproof material that is guaranteed to release cleanly from any application surface. Our weatherproof label materials feature strong permanent adhesives that may leave some residue behind after removing them. It's possible that the material may work for you, but we'd definitely recommend testing the end-use application with sample sheets before making a purchase. You can view our selection of weatherproof label materials at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels...ials/weatherproof-labels

We do offer a variety of half-sheet labels in different configurations. Some of them incorporate a border similar to what you've described in your post. You can view our selection of half-sheet labels at the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels...m/uses/half-sheet-labels

If you'd like to receive samples to test any of our materials or sheet configurations, you can enter a request by visiting the link below:

https://www.onlinelabels.com/samples

I hope this helps. If you need any additional information please just let us know.
#3 Posted : 11/29/2021 8:31:26 AM(EST)
ScottMoore

Josh,
Thank you for the quick reply. Much appreciated!